No announcement yet.

Buinicorn the 1964 Skylark wagon sleeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many silver cars in the world IMHO - I'd go back with the original color.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Although silver looks cool on a car trailer!

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        what about silver? light blue is cool and all of that, but silver.... hmmm

* frantically waving hand while doing his best arnold horshack voice*

oooh, ooh, OOOH !!! silver, with blue GLITTER.....

Comment

• fgtinklebells for the sparkles... got it

didn't have a lot of time but taped up the little bit needing tape so I can (hopefully) shoot it tomorrow... they're forecasting rain in the afternoon which would cause some issues since I really need to shoot it outside
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• and here we go

shade tree painter

mix it, let it sit 15 minutes, spray

went on pretty easily

now comes all the work....

Comment

• Primer is good practice for gun techniques.
              .. looking good!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I used good epoxy primer too.... that really helps.

Comment

• stripping is FUN

gratuitous Buick shot

Comment

• FedUp got me again.... this time they added a 45 degree bent the windshield channel piece no pictures at least not yet but that slows me a bit

and for the record, 10 out of 10.... that is the number of past, serial deliveries that have been screwed up by FedUp.... interestingly, there is zero for UPS, USPS, OnTrac, or Prime....

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      FedUp got me again.... this time they added a 45 degree bent the windshield channel piece no pictures at least not yet but that slows me a bit

and for the record, 10 out of 10.... that is the number of past, serial deliveries that have been screwed up by FedUp.... interestingly, there is zero for UPS, USPS, OnTrac, or Prime....
                      Ontrac delivered my kid's oil and gasket set to a house 3 blocks over and the fella was nice to deliver it to my house.
                      Ups is great. Fed Ex is hit n miss, USPS used to be a problem but took my wife and I several complaints to the postmaster. As I was in the yard a few feet from the mail box and he hurried and left.. Looked in, notice to pick up package from the PO the next day.. Notice was written 10:40 am and he was at my house at 1:30.. Reason given? My dogs which are never in front. Even with the gate open they stay a few feet from the gate.. Bull! New mailman is great!

Comment

• We used to get the “dogs” excuse on a card BS too. Was a few years ago - must have been a “technique” popular with the barely employed rural postal carrier contractors. Also like Bob, new person does a great job now, packages tucked on porch out of the rain, perfect. Last one just left in driveway.

And FedUp.....wtf? I order and ship to work for the most part ( to avoid my junk sitting in the rain or front porch). And we are a CaseIH dealership, we sell HUGE RED EQUIPMENT. We have FIVE loading docks with roadside signage specifying which drive to use for unloading. We get hundreds of packages per day.

Yet, even though I specify commercial address with loading dock, half of the time FEDEX leaves my stuff on the back door, in the weather, at the empty house at the rear of the property which they had to GO PAST the dealership to FIND.

Unreal.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I just shipped my old Lincoln MIG to the Grandson in MI via FedEx w/no issue. I chose them to save $10.00. Sounds like sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and I'm 1 for 1 on the plus side.

Dan

Comment

• I've had better luck shipping outbound with fedex Ground for lots of big items when I used to sell on Ebay regularly. Lately most things come inbound via amazon, so I never know who will deliver.... always surprises me when an unmarked vehicle comes up the drive, then the safety orange amazon vested independent delivery person pops out with a package.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                              I've had better luck shipping outbound with fedex Ground for lots of big items when I used to sell on Ebay regularly. Lately most things come inbound via amazon, so I never know who will deliver.... always surprises me when an unmarked vehicle comes up the drive, then the safety orange amazon vested independent delivery person pops out with a package.
                              because of where I'm at, we have 'the best of the best' so even the Amazon vans are grey sprinter vans with Prime written on the side.... rarely do we get passenger cars....

that said, FedUp has earned their terrible reputation and continues to solidify their place.... thankfully they don't do Amazon any more so there is even more good on that front

Comment

• To FedUp, this would be the weirdest thing.... but here it goes

UPS called yesterday to arrange delivery of a windshield to my house at 5 pm. Guess what! they did AND IT WASN'T BROKEN and delivered by someone who speaks english..... FedUp will never believe it... I've told them such things exist but they are certain it doesn't..... I didn't take pictures, though....

Comment

Working...
                                X