No announcement yet.

Buinicorn the 1964 Skylark wagon sleeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I swear I need to cut my backstock by at least 50% - I have no idea where my box of axle straps went, thankfully I had to go to the store to get an alternator for my 'burb so I could pick them up twice... and wrong... but at least the second set could be convinced to fit

it's official, the driveshaft was the right one... yahoo.
    I have no idea what I'm going to do with this

or this

as far as I'm concerned it could sit but I'd still like to reduce backstock.... lord I hate craigslisting stuff, but I may force myself....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      I have no idea what I'm going to do with this

or this

as far as I'm concerned it could sit but I'd still like to reduce backstock.... lord I hate craigslisting stuff, but I may force myself....
      Lessee.....1970’s 2wd “Heapster”? JK
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• brown Santa arrived

the only thing left to order is a cam....

Comment

• Just in case he has something you could use: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts...017730943.html
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
            Just in case he has something you could use: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts...017730943.html
            thanks.... all those pictures of the left fender and only one that doesn't show the right, front bottom .... weird how he forgot that....

Comment

I missed this earlier, I vote Turbo Trans AM.
              "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
              1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
              2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• more gifts from brown santa...

what's cool is the UPS driver hoofed these down to the shop.... he also brought other gifts
                intake

headers that almost fit

I think I'm going to heat the bracket and reform it a touch

for cheap, they fit perfect

Comment

• Gotta love fresh parts! Details on the intake?
                  Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                  74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                  79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
                    Gotta love fresh parts! Details on the intake?
                    cheaper then a Dorman. It's a nice piece though it is missing a bracket - time will tell whether or not I have to make one.

and that said, some might notice there's a big hole over on the passenger side..... it's for potential, future improvements.

Comment

cheaper then a Dorman. It's a nice piece though it is missing a bracket - time will tell whether or not I have to make one.

and that said, some might notice there's a big hole over on the passenger side..... it's for potential, future improvements.
                      my understanding is that the short runner intakes like that one leave alot to be desired, even compared to a stock LS2 intake.
                      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
                      1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
                      2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by ejs262 View Post

my understanding is that the short runner intakes like that one leave alot to be desired, even compared to a stock LS2 intake.
                        unless, of course, you needed the larger throttle body for soon turbo install.... "if"

also, 15 hp may be a lot on a dyno, but in the real world.... I'm not convinced anyone would notice the difference - I certainly haven't.
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 16, 2019, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• a bit of work tonight
                          got the old intake off.... gained some space

cleaned the dead rats off

schnazzy

somewhere I have new seals for the injectors.... sigh... oh well, along with one bracket for the rails, it didn't come with bolts for the intake...oh well, if it were easy everyone would do it

Comment

• On your comment above about not noticing 15 hp, maybe not in a banzai run, but maybe in driveability.. Not having to downshift for slight differences in the roads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              On your comment above about not noticing 15 hp, maybe not in a banzai run, but maybe in driveability.. Not having to downshift for slight differences in the roads.

in a 117hp corolla, yes. in anything making 300+hp--
                              and as this *IS* superbuick we are talking about here,
                              so i expect double if not triple that number outta him--
                              I don't think youde feel even a 50hp difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

in a 117hp corolla, yes. in anything making 300+hp--
                                and as this *IS* superbuick we are talking about here,
                                so i expect double if not triple that number outta him--
                                I don't think youde feel even a 50hp difference.
                                since we're talking about a 6.0 LS motor... not sure where Corollas came in....

Comment

Working...
                                X