No announcement yet.

Buinicorn the 1964 Skylark wagon sleeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If my calculations are correct, I have about a day more of welding - then undercoating and sound deadening. Then I can remount the body forever
    so onward

patch

weld

stitch underneath

then more work making the side perfect

the whole point is to anneal the metal... it will shrink naturally but first I need to get the brittleness back out before I pound on it again

and I'll have to do this repeated before I hit it with a hammer again. Heat, let cool naturally....

mostly I have to fill the rest of the trim holes but also do just a bit of welding inside the wheel wells
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• more fine tuning.... a warning, though. This will not be perfect. I plan on driving this and even race it (though using it as my race-tow-car has great appeal to me).... okay

first get the lines within bondo distance

back it

the other side, I needed to slot the wheel well because (guessing here) the Skylark sedan has less of a curve

so weld it so water can't get behind the filler

minor grinding while waiting for things to cool

fix the corner - again, so water cannot get behind the filler

betterish... not going to spend a lot of time here... when the next rebuilder gets to it, this will give him something to bitch about

Comment

• Now that the '40 is running fine (enough), the Corvette is mostly maintenance, it's time to get this running....
        and look, a thing happened

first, some lightening

door free

okay, decision time... do I paint underneath or just epoxy paint and undercoat?

you'll note both Buicks are on the plate (and I may take a suggestion I got about leaving the patina - for now - on the 50 and making it run....

so suggestion about the underneath of the wagon....?

Comment

• Epoxy paint and possibly lizardskin?
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I'd go with epoxy and undercoat. This is not likely to become a museum piece so I'd go with fun and functional.

Dan

Comment

• for the next week or so, this gets front burner... I've got to get the floor painted so I can mount the body to the frame....
              first, remove harness

remove frame

put on Corvette dolly

I also really need to start planning the details... things like power windows and such.... I think I have most of what I need to make it mobile.... but no gauges - if what I use needs dash mods, now would be a pretty good time to do it.... and on and on... very comfortable, fast, fast, car... one I could race if the vehicle I'm towing becomes incapacitated....

Comment

• I love this project !

Comment

• Me too! (see above.....)

Dan

Comment

• Nothing to see here, just some old guy in some old Buick wagon....

Comment

• time to make the safety experts cringe

the goal here is get the sand out (more of the sand), and get the grease off the underside.... this is round 1

also do a bit of spot rust treatment

can't see the difference but a lot better

while the frame waits for remarriage

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        This shot lets me see how cool this longroof is going to be.

Comment

• tonight was planning, mostly... I really don't want to work on this upside down

so I dug out my rotisserie and got to planning

then there was puppy play time.... Luigi's brother came for a fully puppy play date, complete with a full mudding...
                          That's Luigi, he's almost white when not covered in mud

but fun was had by all

Comment

• I know, I know, I should go back to Corvette only content.... but alas, you need to suffer to really appreciate C3 content.
                            time to set the car in place

front brackets

assembled

in the back, I'll use the hinge mounts to hold it

welded

it even holds on the back

Comment

• I like the variety of projects!
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• spinny time

Comment

Working...
                                X