• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul is killing it on getting this clean

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      for the record, I am NOT insane considering driving to Idaho, Montana or S.Dakota to get quarters for this car. I'm not, all the voices in my head agree. So there!
      Sounds right to me. I've done dumber stuff.

Dan

Comment

Paul is killing it on getting this clean
        What's a Paul and where can I get one? Love to get the bottom of Stanger clean but I really don't want to do it myself (yes, I'm whining......).

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

What's a Paul and where can I get one? Love to get the bottom of Stanger clean but I really don't want to do it myself (yes, I'm whining......).

Dan
          I appreciate Paul, but that is the 4th time at it..... I've washed it and wire wheeled it several times prior....

Comment

• time to get back to this

probably will start working on getting this actually running

Comment

• I'd be tempted to mini tub it while it's off the frame

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper73 View Post
                I'd be tempted to mini tub it while it's off the frame
                I've gone back and forth on that. I can fit a 10" tire as it sits now - but yeah, it might happen... with that said, I could also do it later - my biggest issue, right now, is trying to find a quarter panel for it (right rear)
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 28, 2022, 08:42 AM.

Comment

I've gone back and forth on that. I can fit a 10" tire as it sits now - but yeah, it might happen... with that said, I could also do it later - my biggest issue, right now, is trying to find a quarter panel for it (right rear)
                  I'd probably just get that one as close as possible then take an air file to it. I know pictures can be deceiving but it looks savable to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper73 View Post

I'd probably just get that one as close as possible then take an air file to it. I know pictures can be deceiving but it looks savable to me.
                    matter of time, if I get to the point where that's stopping me - then I'm going to break out the english wheel and make it happen - the problem is I dropped that corner, before the drop - it was within tolerance for me - now? anyway, it's plan b, even in its slightly crumpled state it's 100% better then before - before there was no metal there and some pretty amazing bondo sculpting....

Comment

• Nuts.

Comment

• well, I spent what I think is a lot of money for this beat up corner -- with that said, it includes the 1/3rd that was missing on my car - so in a month or so I'm driving to go get it.
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 25, 2022, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Progress(?)

Comment

• Good that you found a donor.

Dan

Comment

• perseverance.... pays off
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I drove from Mississippi to Arizona for 2 perfect Studebaker front fenders...but they are perfect. I got to see the Grand Canyon and Car Henge on the trip. Maybe you can work in Mt Rushmore or something if you haven't already seen them.
                                Last edited by 53 Studillac; March 28, 2022, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X