Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ejs262
    replied
    I have a factory service manual for my Fiero, it's a godsend, I don't know what I would do without it

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    SBG<
    your post of the 18th, that book is a GOLD MINE !!!
    And the reason some of the pages are Funky......Most of Those books and original pages were 14x17, and must have been reduced
    on the copier.
    Continue On Dude, You must have a Large Wallet and a Understanding WIFE for all these Great Projects

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    well, this goes to the back burner again for a bit.. but first, got the trans dipstick then reassembled the car

Leave a comment:

• langleylad
    replied
    Rust repair is a PITA but it's very gratifying

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    new tool. do I recommend? maybe. It's about as powerful as an air die grinder - the straight kind. So it is useful, but keep in mind I punched one hole with it and did the rest with my larger Makita..... which is dying because I use it to smoke coming out - and it keeps working but the writing is on the wall for it (and my Makita sawzall)

these were done with the Makita - this is the rear-most mounts on the car and both were rusted solid - so no choice but to cut replace the nuts and weld back (when I get my nuts)

I can't imagine why GM made this nut-holder so complex

this was done with the new tool

finished welding the battery box

the rest of my evening was a fan-favorite wire brush the dirt off the underside

I weighed it, 10 lbs of dirt

tomorrow a bit more cleaning then likely put the body back on because the motor may be ready for my Corvette.... I need to get it out of the shop because the next parts of the Buick are dirty in both dust and overspray

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    well would you look at what I found

someone had a book, copied the pages, then bound them into a reference manual. Whoever did this, you're a legend, a hero, and savior of the universe.

all is not 100% happy, though, because the copies are not all very clear. That said, it is more than good enough for me
    picture of blurs in the shape of words

frame got rolled outside and covered because the most hateful task is ahead

cleaning the underside

and, of course, welding (until I ran out of gas)

once this is done, etch primer, maybe paint? maybe undercoating? maybe bed liner? I honestly don't know yet

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    outside of today's shenanigans with my FJ40, I did other things
    first was get the steering column out ... that was a lot more pain that I was expecting

then came the yoyo of up and down to clearance the floor for the 4L80e. I refuse to cut and add metal... so I heated and banged

banging, round 2

round 3 (keep in mind, up and down)

what needs clearance - the cooler fittings

and took the wiper box off the firewall (it is seized solid)

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    275/50 15
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 14, 2021, 11:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    What size are those rear rollers?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    more coloring in the lines
    for those who wondered what the bolts I removed looked like to get undone..

a box

looks like another warranty is going to get its feelings hurt

for those wondering... the 64 Buick support is different than the Chevelle

now it fits

in other news, starter is bolted in and the converter is as well

and revisit something... where the dark spot I heated to fix oil canning.... it worked! I really didn't get it that warm.. ~ 200 degrees, maybe... I put a block behind then heated it briefly... worked great
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 13, 2021, 11:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Dang, Aaron - I admire your productivity! And I like heat, too.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Did I say this was a solid car? well, it is now

so time to take it even further apart.... the driver's side doors haven't been removed - and the rear left doors ... well, they fought.
    if you're counting, only one of these came off as intended

I love heat

I win

I need to strip the rest of the shell. do some minor clearancing, fix a couple small spots then get to coating

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    the basic shape is done....
    Inner fender

a bit of filling left

inner panel

I doubt I'll weld this fully - the biggest problem this car had was water got in at the window and pooled in the inner fender until it rotted away...

That said, a bit more welding and I can paint the underside, and sound coat the inside... then wire it, then it can move under its own power.... then the Corvette, then this body/paint.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    That's what I love about making parts that you can't buy... 2/3 of it is done, leaving just the other 95%!
    the only math I use is statistics.... in a sentence, my car is 2/3rds done at a 95% confidence level.

for those don't lie with numbers (statistics).... 95% confidence level means it's roughly 68.4% done.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    That's what I love about making parts that you can't buy... 2/3 of it is done, leaving just the other 95%!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X