Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    On your comment above about not noticing 15 hp, maybe not in a banzai run, but maybe in driveability.. Not having to downshift for slight differences in the roads.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    a bit of work tonight
    got the old intake off.... gained some space

cleaned the dead rats off

schnazzy

somewhere I have new seals for the injectors.... sigh... oh well, along with one bracket for the rails, it didn't come with bolts for the intake...oh well, if it were easy everyone would do it

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

my understanding is that the short runner intakes like that one leave alot to be desired, even compared to a stock LS2 intake.
    unless, of course, you needed the larger throttle body for soon turbo install.... "if"

also, 15 hp may be a lot on a dyno, but in the real world.... I'm not convinced anyone would notice the difference - I certainly haven't.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 16th, 2019, 06:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ejs262
    replied

cheaper then a Dorman. It's a nice piece though it is missing a bracket - time will tell whether or not I have to make one.

and that said, some might notice there's a big hole over on the passenger side..... it's for potential, future improvements.
    my understanding is that the short runner intakes like that one leave alot to be desired, even compared to a stock LS2 intake.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Gotta love fresh parts! Details on the intake?
    cheaper then a Dorman. It's a nice piece though it is missing a bracket - time will tell whether or not I have to make one.

and that said, some might notice there's a big hole over on the passenger side..... it's for potential, future improvements.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Gotta love fresh parts! Details on the intake?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    more gifts from brown santa...

what's cool is the UPS driver hoofed these down to the shop.... he also brought other gifts
    intake

headers that almost fit

I think I'm going to heat the bracket and reform it a touch

for cheap, they fit perfect

Leave a comment:

• ejs262
    replied
    I missed this earlier, I vote Turbo Trans AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    thanks.... all those pictures of the left fender and only one that doesn't show the right, front bottom .... weird how he forgot that....

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied
    Just in case he has something you could use: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts...017730943.html

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    brown Santa arrived

the only thing left to order is a cam....

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    I have no idea what I'm going to do with this

or this

as far as I'm concerned it could sit but I'd still like to reduce backstock.... lord I hate craigslisting stuff, but I may force myself....
    Lessee.....1970’s 2wd “Heapster”? JK

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I swear I need to cut my backstock by at least 50% - I have no idea where my box of axle straps went, thankfully I had to go to the store to get an alternator for my 'burb so I could pick them up twice... and wrong... but at least the second set could be convinced to fit

it's official, the driveshaft was the right one... yahoo.
    I have no idea what I'm going to do with this

or this

as far as I'm concerned it could sit but I'd still like to reduce backstock.... lord I hate craigslisting stuff, but I may force myself....

Leave a comment:

• ejs262
    replied

I vaguely remember the test from ages ago.... any idea what the Dorman was made for? or part number? all I'm finding on Google is truck manifolds - which will not fit under the hood....

and let me assure you all again that when this is said and done this 6.0 will be my mule motor....
    here's the Dorman part, it's about $430,

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-615-901/overview/

Here's an AC Delco part listed as "top section only" for $240, If the picture is accurate, it should also work for you.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...make/chevrolet

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    I talked to a guy at a local cruise about 18 months ago who had a '72 Chevy 4x4 he'd dropped on an 2008 4x4 Chevy frame. He said that's really the simplest, easiest, and fastest way to go on my old Suburban. I'm just not sure I want all the other late model running gear. Not even sure I want the OD trans. It would be nice, but I doubt I'm doing enough traveling with my '69 to worry about OD.
    I contemplated doing the simple LS swap where you just bolt the engine to my TH400 and do the intake and distributor swap to get a carb, and eliminate the computer. But then I'd lose the part I like, the electronic fuel injection.

I sure love the looks of the '64-'65 Skylarks! And the wagon is even neater!
    Last edited by 1946Austin; November 11th, 2019, 04:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X