oh dear i did it again (dream car acquired) '68 Volkswagen type 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh dear i did it again (dream car acquired) '68 Volkswagen type 1

not much will be happening on this one right away (as in expect like a couple years of no real progress on the car) as i have the jimmy and grand am so this one is going into storage friend is lettimg me keep it in his barn for now looking into an actual storage area

but what i know is it's a cali car all parts are here. it was taken a part and painted in 1984 with 80,000 miles on it then sat in a garage in parts

Click image for larger version

Name:	20136768_1614387935238677_753940533_n.png?oh=4dd44de39209913ac8d2966aa515a6e8&oe=59701D04.png
Views:	56
Size:	940.4 KB
ID:	1167346

Click image for larger version

Name:	20182327_1614386815238789_1437057211_o.png?oh=f406db82e4ff83aa9cb8fe161fecd2de&oe=59710A24.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1167347

if any one has any info for parts or just info in general that be great
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Well, I guess a nightmare is a SORT of a dream.....

Sorry, not a fan of Bugs but 'tain't my money or my effort, so knock yourself out. Hope it's fun for you.

Dan

Comment

It runs and runs and runs and runs and runs and runs and runs and runs....................

.......and floats and floats and floats and floats and floats and floats and floats............

Comment

the best part about VW bugs is that no one looks at them and scowls. neat buy - though I think you should probably move it to a secret location otherwise Tardis and Stiney may try to take that away from you - not to say their thieves, but it's like that one woman that would make you forget your marriage vows; no one can hold them accountable ;)
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

oh it;s being hidden in a location even i do not know how to get too LOL

untill the jimmy is done and i can get some garage space back
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Does anyone have any info.......bwaaahaahaaa!

Ask away friend. Parts are plentiful, just beware the cheap stuff as it rarely fits without work.
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              the best part about VW bugs is that no one looks at them and scowls. neat buy - though I think you should probably move it to a secret location otherwise Tardis and Stiney may try to take that away from you - not to say their thieves, but it's like that one woman that would make you forget your marriage vows; no one can hold them accountable ;)
              I can't finish the one I have now, and I surely don't need/want another one. STINEY on the other hand has plenty of room for much bugs.

Comment

i have always liked them never owned one though friend had a 70's super beetle with a fiberglass front end like a baja but a standared rear and had wider tires

still had the standard 1300cc in it was slow made 40whp on the dyno

Comment

Damn son, you change cars like I change underwear....

...says to pot to the kettle...
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    Damn son, you change cars like I change underwear....

...says to pot to the kettle...

Rookie

Comment

who said any thing about changing i still have the others HAHA

Comment

(Loathe any air-cooled VW product. Bad experiences all the way around.)
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post

(Loathe any air-cooled VW product. Bad experiences all the way around.)

this from the guy who buys Mopar colanders

Comment

I went to work in Wolfsburg in 1978 doing illustrating through a job shop for Volkswagen.

The new Golf was just on the market and seemed to be doing well.....they were everywhere.

It seemed though that VW was unsure of the new car and we were kept busy doing chart after chart
                            comparing the Golf to the Beetle.

I reckoned at the time they wanted an excuse to bring the Beetle back.

Comment

nice find.

I am hoping my little sube world meets a nice chassis like that.

I have 130hp ready to go.. can even keep a tall king of the throne in the middle.
                              shut the hood clean.

I'd go for my version of an ea82.
                              weird fact..
                              my 1980s subaru is the only other car in the world that shares the same wheel bearing as a vw bug/vanagon.
                              large bearings on the the outer driveshafts.

I am sure Germany sold out their liquid evolution, and subaru went gay with it.
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X