Future HRPT car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future HRPT car

Been kinda looking for over a year off and on, the boy's are taller, John's wheelchair is bigger, and well we've maxed out the room in the 11 SS. So the other night bam there it was, 68 Impala one of the cars on my list one trip to look at it and I made an offer, although it needs rear quarters and a little floorboard and trunk work the car is pretty solid. Best part also is it is intact, all the trim is there and not bent up and it also runs like a sewing machine.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

so the plans are something reasonable ... blown, bbc with no alternator and no ac?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

This is not Roadkill...I think Perry and company will do much better with a LSA and six speed manual... ridetech suspension and beautifully restored bodywork...
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        so the plans are something reasonable ... blown, bbc with no alternator and no ac?
        Well close, its getting my last 468 but gotta leave the AC! Blower...... possible down the road like maybe a Magnuson!

Comment

ok... keeping us guessing...
          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post

Well close, its getting my last 468 but gotta leave the AC! Blower...... possible down the road like maybe a Magnuson!
            sounds very rational. why are you doing it?

Comment

Just like all my rides drive it everywhere! Main goal is to be my Hot Rod Power Tour car. Rational probably not, already getting poke in the side about going LS but I'm old school.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                This is not Roadkill...I think Perry and company will do much better with a LSA and six speed manual... ridetech suspension and beautifully restored bodywork...
                Ridetech suspension, yep you're on target on that one! It's gonna like curves. And also clean lines with an aggressive stance but not to low.

Comment

something like this?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	RICKS68_2.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1169368
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Close, probably an 1-1½ inches lower, gun metal gray. Right now it's got a bench seat which is perfect but I'm thinking dark graphite leather and possibly buckets. Got awhile to throw idea's around, right now I'm finishing the bodywork on the 69 SS Camaro which is slated for PT next year. Big block 4-speed, if all goes well with my left foot it will determine what trans the Impala gets.

Comment

That will be a very cool ride when you get it done. Sounds to me like you are beginning to have quite the collection - where do you park them all?

Comment

Owned one of those.......nice ride.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

That's badass! I love old GM land yachts. Will be paying close attention to this one.
                            I'm sure Scott Liggett will be happy to see another big GM saved too.
                            Last edited by tardis454; August 6, 2017, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                              Just like all my rides drive it everywhere! Main goal is to be my Hot Rod Power Tour car. Rational probably not, already getting poke in the side about going LS but I'm old school.

I have a 6.0 LS motor, but when I compared the price of building it vs. an old-school 427 for my Corvette, the 427 was the better, budget item (as much as a BB can be 'budget').

Comment

Working...
                              X