project 55 belvedere gasser--"hell's bel"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Relax.. It shall flow... Do not force it for it fights back...
    you mean " you can lead the horse to water but cant make him drink"?
    i call bullsh@t--hold his head underwater long enough and he WILL
    swallow some whether he wants too or not !!!............

Comment

• 2 more bolts in, YAY !!!

baby steps.

Comment

• Looks like a cool project, you don’t see these every day!
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
          Looks like a cool project, you don’t see these every day!
          thanks, its going s-l-o-w-l-y but hopefully i will git-r-dun eventually.

plans are a straight axle front (got it in the living room, speedways 53" kit)
          a grouchy 468" rat with twin carbs and a muncie 4spd. already got the
          12 bolt under the car, working on setting up the 70" ladders now.

lucked out and found a set of 15x10 slots for rear to match the `15x4.5
          fronts, so the 15x8.5R rears i had are up for sale to try & recoup some
          $$$, as im so poor i caint even pay ATTENTION..........

Comment

• got lucky for xmas, various peeps gifted me with amazon gift cards from $25 to as big as $100,
            so i ordered 2 of these--

with free ship even to hawaii, so my out of pocket was like $18 after exhausting the gift cards.

they should come in next week or so, going to chuck em on the 15x10 slots i found earlier. they are
            claming its 28" tall x 10.9" wide, so it should look nice and FAT whilst still being tall enough to look period correct.
            that means i can take both the 15x8.5 slots with primewell 275/60s and the 15x7 TT2 with bfg 265/70s to the
            free autoparts swapmeet on jan 20th if all goes well. hopefully i can recoup some $$$, neither pair has ever been
            driven on just used for setup and are both less than 6 months old from time of purchase.

im also taking the dual spal 14" hurricanes, T-10 trans, th400, 2 sets of vega wheels/tires (also never driven on
            and the weird 4x4" pattern--vega, trailers, quads, golfcarts, etc....) maybe even loading the YC 455 pontiac up or
            at the very least a posterboard with info on it, a buncha hotwheels, hoodscoops, aircleaners & velocity stacks, all
            kinds of crepe. hopefully some of it sells, of the 5 times ive done this 4 were complete skunks and 1 time i made
            $300 on a new in box converter i paid $450 for, hah hah. story of my life.

i gotta get cracking on this 55, im running outta time AND im hella poor. bad combination. now, if only my #$@%^&@!!!!
            back will cooperate and not go out.........

Comment

• Best of luck on this!

Dan

Comment

• There are floor exercises to help your back...
                Weight, age, and not as active/agile as in your youth will make your back hurt like it sounds like..
                Yoga-like stretches, movements help so much...

Good luck at the swap meet..
                I got lots of good stuff that is rotting away in moisture.

Comment

• finally got 30 spare minutes so i mocked up the front ladder mounts,
                  used moroso/comp engineering #C2019, it was on clearance for
                  $89 at our local (read- ONLY one in the state...) "speed shop"...

i guess they brought it in for someone and it never got picked up,
                  usually even the most mundane things (like sbc header gaskets)
                  are "non-stocking, gotta order".

i still need to final measure then tackweld, and pull it off/final weld
                  then reassemble--but hey, any progress is progress nontheless!
                  Last edited by fatguyzinc; June 7, 2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• rough measured/taped off/sprayed black the fender where i need to cut it.
                    slowly but surely...(and dont call me shirley...)

Click image for larger version

Name:	55fender.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1262426

Comment

• Well, there goes the sleeper vibe......

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                        rough measured/taped off/sprayed black the fender where i need to cut it.
                        slowly but surely...(and dont call me shirley...)

Name:	55fender.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1262426
                        Okay Slowly.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• What the lip or inner fender look like? We bolt our's together.. Never as radiused as you have it painted..

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            What the lip or inner fender look like? We bolt our's together.. Never as radiused as you have it painted..
                            yeah, wish it was 1-2 inches less--but thats the only way i can
                            get both front/rear lips and center the wheel, was a 36" radius.
                            we do have a 265/70/15 tire under it now (basically a30x10x15 truck tire)
                            so that leaves 3" around for clearance.

i DO have a pair of these

they would give a super tight 1" clearance around the tire diameter--
                            but they are for 55 chevy not plymouth, and i only did 1/4 panels ONCE
                            on my brothers 67 camaro ten years ago. to say it was nerve wracking
                            would be an understatement.... just dont wanna fubar it, ya know?

Comment

• ok, FINALLY got of the couch long enough to whack the rear fender
                              (at least on 1 side so far...) dont look TOO bad, but looks SOOOOOO
                              much nicer with the gasser patch panels. well, sh@t. guess im gonna
                              have to figure out how to get em on there!

by the way thats a 15x10 with a 275-60-15 and it looks kinda small.....

Name:	cut02.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1266905

Name:	cut03.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	1266906

Name:	cut04.jpg