• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

i know,

being 300+lbs doesnt help either im sure. and then
    when i was carrying the radiator from the 55 to the corner
    of the garage, i stepped on a lugnut and it rolled a couple inches.
    the momentary "clutch" of all the muscles is what did it i think.

either that or my sphincter puckered so hard it sucked my spine
    out of alignment...

anyway luckily im "normal" 99.999% of the time, just every so
    often it sneaks up on me and bites me in the @ss.
    I feel your pain, having just done another section of the sidewalk next to our house.... My story almost mirrors yours as far as being 300 pounds, and having a rough life.... rest up a bit and I am wishing you a speedy recovery... I have changed my diet, increased my exercise, and for right now plateau'd at 300 and hoping to lose a bit more... I don't lose hope tho, I weighed 285 when I graduated from high school ... this type 2 diabetes really sucks, but if I want to see what happens next, I have to change my lifestyle....

Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Glad to know I'm not the only one..
      Plateaued at 300. Makes 60# in 2 years. Need 25 more.
      Hurting and so much to do...

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

I feel your pain, having just done another section of the sidewalk next to our house.... My story almost mirrors yours as far as being 300 pounds, and having a rough life.... rest up a bit and I am wishing you a speedy recovery... I have changed my diet, increased my exercise, and for right now plateau'd at 300 and hoping to lose a bit more... I don't lose hope tho, I weighed 285 when I graduated from high school ... this type 2 diabetes really sucks, but if I want to see what happens next, I have to change my lifestyle....
        Patrick - I've been Type 1 for 36+ years. If you need any diabetes care tips I can offer my experience. Joe Roberts has been at it since childhood and probably has even more ideas - he's a great guy and I'm sure he'd be willing as well. Send a PM if you have any ??.

Dan

Comment

• im EXTREMELY blessed genetically, despite being 300lbs+
          since i was 13 years old.

(literally, at 12 years old i was 6'2" and 280lbs...)

the last time (feb of this year) i had a checkup my bp was 109/74,
          my cholesterol was 183 (under 200 is good for a
          "normal" person much less a 300lb dude) and my suger index
          (A1C) was 4.67, anything over 5.6 is considered 'pre-diabetic'.

thank you grandma for the
          24% japanese/ 12% chinese/ 6% 'unknown southeast asian'
          4% chiracahua indian (feathers, not red dot...) and 4% south pacific
          islander in my makeup that 23&me says is in there.

and yet i LOOK like your everyday average big fat white dude.
          go figure.

Comment

• Glad that you're healthy. Under 7.0 A1C is good for me, being Type 1, though I do work to be lower than that and generally am. Interesting mix in the ol' gene pool. Mine's pretty boring, mostly English & Scotch/Irish as well as western European (German) and a smattering of other European according to Ancestry.com. I think the genetic thing is fascinating!

Dan

Comment

• Sean asked us when in grade school what nationality he is... I responded that with myself being German, French, and Irish and His mother being German, French, Irish and Spanish/Mexican, that our family had been kicked out of pretty much every respectable country in Europe!
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                ........... Interesting mix in the ol' gene pool..... I think the genetic thing is fascinating!

Dan

yep, and the other 50% is turkish, welsh, danish, portuguese, sub saharan african and spanish.
                the "unknown southeast asian" is specified as 'asian other than chinese or japanese', so it
                could be anything from laotian to vietnamese, cambodian, indonesian, phillipino, mongolian,
                thai, burmese, singaporian, malaysian, etc etc etc...

thats a pretty broad spectrum there. and weird too ! wonder why they cant pin it down.

so fully 42% of my makeup is some kinda asian--do i look asian at all ?
                and at 6 foot 2 and 340LBS+ even more so, yet all my cousins are tiny and
                totally look asian. its a running joke that at any family function (weddings, funerals,
                whatever) when you need to find me just look for the biggest whitest thing there
                and that will either be me or a full size van in the parking lot......

Click image for larger version

Name:	fatguy.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	1212609
                Last edited by fatguyzinc; August 20, 2018, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Just remember, if you get blown to sea during your little wind event this week, do not wear black. Why? sharks eat seals. Just sayin' :D

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    Just remember, if you get blown to sea during your little wind event this week, do not wear black. Why? sharks eat seals. Just sayin' :D
                    funny--according to my friend bobby, a seals bigger brother is a walrus.
                    and since my name is sol, it naturally followed that he started calling me "solrus"...
                    untill i googled the fact that the male walrus has pound for pound the biggest
                    propportionate male organ in relation to their physical size.....

seems about right, heh heh.... everythings proportionate. EVERYTHING.

Comment

funny--according to my friend bobby, a seals bigger brother is a walrus.
                      and since my name is sol, it naturally followed that he started calling me "solrus"...
                      untill i googled the fact that the male walrus has pound for pound the biggest
                      propportionate male organ in relation to their physical size.....

seems about right, heh heh.... everythings proportionate. EVERYTHING.
                      well, we do comment when a friend sends his wife to Hawaii that he's "sending her to warmer waters".... nice to know that services are available for when she arrives.

oh and let me double down on that - yes, we call him "Ahab" and we've told him to stop chasing whales.... he won't listen to reason...
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 23, 2018, 11:30 AM.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

..... we call him "Ahab" and we've told him to stop chasing whales.... he won't listen to reason...

as my younger boy peter said once ( in front of a woman 2x my size, to my chagrin...)

"you know how it is--if she aint 280, she aint a lady! "...............................

Click image for larger version

Name:	amen.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	1213040

Last edited by fatguyzinc; August 23, 2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• so i finally get to go home tuesday the 28th at 9pm,
                            heres hoping i am still feeling ok friday morning and
                            sat/sun as i NEED to get in gear on the 55, time's a-wasting.

was SUPER ticked off couldnt work on it for a week thanks
                            to my back spazing out.... grrrrrrrrrrrr...........

next up--fab front ladder mounts and mount coilovers/panhard,
                            then start removing stock steering/front suspension. at least thats
                            the plan. crossing fingers that i can get some work in.

Comment

• well, i got 2 bolts in the rear ladder mounts....yay.
                              this @#$@%#@!!!!!! car is fighting me EVERY D@MN
                              STEP OF THE WAY.

Comment

well, i got 2 bolts in the rear ladder mounts....yay.
                                this @#$@%#@!!!!!! car is fighting me EVERY D@MN
                                STEP OF THE WAY.
                                Relax.. It shall flow... Do not force it for it fights back...

Comment

Working...
                                X