Clear All

got the heads in stock vortec castings

thinking of adding screw in rocker studs

Click image for larger version

Name:	wt30.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	692.2 KB
ID:	1182676

also wiring harness for the lights came in and my e-code knock off housings will be coming in too that will allow me to use H4 and H7 bulbs

Name:	wt31.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	1182677
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

going to be using a tpi intake

1) i have it

2) nothing else of this engine is going to be optimal so why start now LOL

the vortec base plate was a but pricey but found a decently priced used one
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

whelp massive update time as i return from the dead
        first off got the front lights installed a wile back

Name:	wt47.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	998.9 KB
ID:	1213663

i then got 3" front lowering springs going to get new spring hangers and 4" rear springs and a 9" form a 80's bronco

Name:	wt48.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	1213664

oh yeah the engine using the 305 in a mustang gambler me and a work buddy are working on this meant i needed a new engine so bought a 40k L31 vortec 350 i figured i could just slam it in and be done but guy said it was running low on oil so i decided to look at it.....

Name:	wt50.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	490.9 KB
ID:	1213665

damn

sigh

Name:	wt49.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	468.8 KB
ID:	1213666

time to build this using the best parts china can make and my small budget can afford
        the goal of the engine was to retain efi using ls controls as i got all the parts for the 305 . i did sell the other set of vortecs and tpi unit. i am also going to "sell" the current heads and cam on this engine for the 305 going into the 84 mustang gambler

so first off was cranks look at them i decided to go full stupid with this and noticed for the power levels this was gong to make a cast steel unit form scat was the same cost as getting my stock one working sooooo

behold the 377
        using a scat 9000 series 3.750 stroke cranks
        scat stroker i beam rods
        forged summit pistons
        aluminum assault racing 200cc heads (dart platinum pro1 knockoffs read good reviews on them) got them bare
        generic china efi single plane intake with elbow and china 90mm LS cable throttle body

still need to figure out cam which will dictate rockers but should be fun and maybe i will finally not have a small chevy that is nothing but sadness and disappointment

Comment

Lots of options are available....
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

that's my issue too many options LOL

but needs to be efi friendly so been looking at LT1/LT4 gen2 sbc cam offerings as they tend to be rollers

Comment

why not a 4.8 or 5.3? those are far less expensive then a rebuild of a 350 that has spun bearings.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

i am in this a lot cheaper then an equivalent 4.8 or 5.3 not even at a 1,000 and will be making close to 400 wheel all said and done

i priced out both options sense i had the harness and pcm already for a ls

Last edited by Mater; August 29, 2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Good to see you still have it and are making progress. Seems that I have got so little done on the 350 5 speed S10 project this summer. Been working a lot of O.T.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                    ... maybe i will finally not have a small chevy that is nothing but sadness and disappointment
                    Not sure I have ever heard of one that wasn't

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Not sure I have ever heard of one that wasn't
                      it's always better to drive a disappointing vehicle then have to push it.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

it's always better to drive a disappointing vehicle then have to push it.
                        I had a Mercury Topaz once and did both of those things often in the same day....
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                        X