Trailblazer SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy takes a couple weeks tops..
    Ford...how long have you had Dick's Ford?

Comment

Did I miss the part about milling heads, cam swap, headers.......WHERE IS THE PROJECT CREEP MAN?!? :-)

You're a good man Dan!

A.K.A. Brian
      Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

he still has to add the turbos
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

or the belt driven kompressor...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

No project creep on this one. Just get the kids back on the road.

We did a bunch more today after considerable shopping for the remaining bits and pieces. We have a heater hose on order at the dealer which will be there about 10:00 tomorrow morning and then I think we can bolt everything back on and probably hit the key!

One of today's jobs was to fix the bumper cover. The left outside slide (holds the cover to the front fender) had popped off at the time of removal and the fix was to glue it back on. A stop at the body shop supply yielded the right glue and it now back on. We'll reinstall it tomorrow assuming everything goes well.

Watch tomorrow for Vroom-Vroom sounds (I'll see if I can post a vid w/o YouTube.....).

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; November 24, 2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Just Jumpin on the bandwagon with SBG... I wonder when he is going to boost the H3??
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

It LIVES!!!!

At the very end of today's efforts I tried the key and it sounds pretty much like it ought to. I still have to burp all the fluids, etc. but I'm thinking it'll be OK. The OP is excellent, running at 70 PSI or so but of course it was still cold (I only ran it for a minute or less). There are no unauthorized rattles or bangs unlike the original engine. There's a check engine light but I expected that so we'll resolve it either with Bro Dave's code reader or if needed we'll take it to my buddy Dave's shop for resolution.

I plan to have pics, maybe even a vid, tomorrow. I just ran out of time tonight.

Dan
                Last edited by DanStokes; November 25, 2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

sweet, you're pretty quick with those GM vehicles

Comment

I may have to drag the S10 down there and let you fix it . Seriously you have motivated me a little .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      sweet, you're pretty quick with those GM vehicles
                      This thing is a genuine PITA to work on. They poured 7.5 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag with predictable results. There isn't quite enough room for anything. Burt we got 'er done and I could do another one in half the time or less, now that I know the sticky places.

Dan
                      Last edited by DanStokes; November 25, 2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I can't imagine why that's a problem - after all, isn't that pretty much hot rodding in a nutshell?

Comment

Glad to hear of your predictable success! I believe that SBG is right about the nutshell thing... makes me recall putting long tube headers on the bullet.... PITA, but the results are awesome!
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            I can't imagine why that's a problem - after all, isn't that pretty much hot rodding in a nutshell?
                            Your probably right. But THIS is from the factory!

Dan

Comment

Some would say the TBSS is a factory hotrod. The real question is why are all those cappy economy cars so hard to work on.
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Some would say the TBSS is a factory hotrod. The real question is why are all those cappy economy cars so hard to work on.
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X