Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuickTrick MR2

Hello everyone,

We figured we would start an actual thread on my newly acquired AW11 MR2. We picked this up last weekend from a guy in Michigan who bought the car from a woman who was the sole owner. She was the first, and original owner since May of 85’. The car transferred owners at 51k, and had the top end rebuilt to due an alternator failure that led to the 4A-GE over heating. The gentleman we purchased the car from bought it for his wife, but she didn’t want to deal with the stick. (Sounds like a fun gal..)

Anyways, to the build itself. As some of you may have recognized the name, I work for QuickTrick Alignment. For 2018, we decided we were going to build a car to take to all the track events we’ve been attending recently. We had been doing a lot of search initially for a newer chassis with decent aftermarket support. Through waiting, and searching we came across this hard top 85’ MR2. My experience with road racing is limited, so after scouring the forums, and hearing multiple testimonies to what a great beginner car the MR2 was. We decided this was it, this was going to be our faithful steed. So for the initial maintenance, we’ll be swapping the fluids, fixing broken plastics, going over vacuum hoses, and refreshing the ignition components, blah, blah. Basically everything that a 30 year old car needs to be track ready will be done. Over the next month we'll be doing some cleaning up of the paint in preparation for wrap, which I've attached a picture of the rough draft. I’ve attached some photos of how the car sits currently, and will do my best to ensure this thread stays to date. – Gil

I like the idea.

Comment

Please keep us up to date. My oldest daughter has always wanted one of these so I have a passing interest even though this isn't my personal cup of tea (my tastes are weird.....).

Dan

Comment

Mid motored? Either way it is propelled, be an interesting read..

Comment

Looks like a very well taken care of Michigan car . Will be fun to see what you do with it .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

What ever you do with it and however you choose to spend your money, we will appreciate any mods you do. So long as the first mod is getting rid of what are probably the ugliest wheels ever put on a production car!
            The biggest thing in motocross.

Comment

Thanks for the interest everyone! Yes, mid engine. To be honest, I thought it was my weird tastes that landed me in such a car.

Agreed on the wheels. Toyota had a really bad selection of wheels on their cars in the 80's. I've owned two mk3 Supra's previously, and I despised the "sawblades" on those.

Comment

Thought it was due to it's Fiero stance...

Comment

Well I guess it's time to update here. Unfortunately, last January while driving from Indianapolis to Birmingham to have the MR2 wrapped. The engine starved itself of oil, and blew up when I got just south of Nashville. We've kind of just sat the car aside, and let it sit while we figure out where we want to take this build.

So for the rest of the year, or until we find another power plant for the MR2. I'll be driving my 03 V6 Accord at several events. So if you're going to the NASA event at the NCM on the 23-24 of this month come say hello!

Comment

Bummer, Dude. Hope there's a golden lining in this cloud.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X