New project 2001 Crown Victoria LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project 2001 Crown Victoria LX

Yay, my first project posting. Looking just to cruise it and make upgrades as we go along. 160K miles and all in AZ. 2 tiny spots of surface rust in one body joint. Enough talk, on with the pics:

BBR likes this.

Re: New project 2001 Crown Victoria LX

And one at home

Comment

Happy New Year indeed! Looks like a new one.

Dan

Comment

Looks good I like town car! Other than having to replace the intake manifold it's been pretty trouble free.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation

Comment

Looks like a sweet ride .I like that size of car . I'm kind of torn between wanting a cop CV and putting the nicer civilian interior in it or just up grading the suspension on the civilian one an putting on some murader wheels and tires .

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I would love a Marauder, but they are rare. I found a couple of LX Sports which have the console and floor shifter like the Marauder, but they were a tad outside my price range. There are plenty of wrecked P71s in my area that I can pull parts off of. First thing I am going to grab is the sway bars. Then maybe dual exhaust conversion. Beyond that I wan the HPP wheels and then I think I will be done with the first wave of what I want. Here is a pic of the wheels I want on another panther.

Comment

Excellent plan . Could possibly have the cop wheels widened for wider tires but keep the look . What are they 16s or 17s . If 16s maybe get a 17 in hoop put on the centers because 255 is about the widest 16 you can get . 17s can go into the 300s .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Those LX sports were really cool too . A friend had a 2 old a while back . Looked just as cool as the merc .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I like those wheels but they look like a pain to clean.
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation

Comment

06+ cop car wheels are 17 inch and steel and are widened easily. 92-02 use a dished wheel, offset changed in 03 up until the end in 11. I can run an 03+ wheel, but it takes spacers in the 1.25-1.5 inch range. seems like it would add a lot of stress to the suspension.

Those HPP wheels are 16 inch, which are needed to clear the 98+ dual piston calipers. They aren't as bad to clean as you think. The key is using good quality brake pads to keep the dust to a minimum.

Comment

Today was spent figuring out why the driver's power door lock was not working properly. Turns out it sheared the rivet off and was just flopping in the door. So a 1/4x20 by 1.5 inch bolt with 2 nuts and lockwashers have corrected this issue and it should not be an issue anymore. I didn't have time for pictures unfortunately.

Comment

Plan for the weekend

Comment

Why? Antifreeez in the oil?

Comment

Why? Antifreeez in the oil?
                            Not yet, but an excess of oil in that area, and gives me a chance to see if it is that gasket, or the ps pump. plus the valve cover grommets aren't looking so hot. Also have a blend door actuator in that stack too. Stuck on hot. On the test drive it was stuck on cold, so I know the a/c is good

Comment

replaced the blend door actuator today. Too busy for pictures. I now get heat or cold whenever I want now. Woo-Hoo! Gaskets are tomorrow and I promise pictures when this happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X