New project 2001 Crown Victoria LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    You grease up the drill and tap - that'll catch pretty much all the chips. Get out the borescope and check that all is OK. You can DO this!

Dan
    I just fired it up briefly before I put the new plug in, lol
    1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
    1997 Mustang GT
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      You can DO this!

Dan

I know I can do it. The important part is time. In addition to full time day job, I teach IT security at night, 4 nights a week. Plus a teenager in the house that isn't quite to driving age yet, we need 2 cars, since this is the last gasp of activities for the school year. As much as I would like to attempt it, We need both vehicles as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Admirall2 View Post

I know I can do it. The important part is time. In addition to full time day job, I teach IT security at night, 4 nights a week. Plus a teenager in the house that isn't quite to driving age yet, we need 2 cars, since this is the last gasp of activities for the school year. As much as I would like to attempt it, We need both vehicles as soon as possible.
        There IS that! Hope the shop does you well.

Dan

Comment

She is back and running like a champ again. Shout out to Champ's Family Auto in Goodyear for getting me back on the road.

Comment

No Pics on this one, but I thought I should mention it.

While it was at the shop for the plug blowout, they did an inspection of the car, and they found an oil leak (Surprise, surprise, old Ford and all that.)

My wife isn't exactly enamored with the response of all old Fords leak, so she wanted them to investigate while it was there. Fair enough.

Came back to Oil Pan Gasket and rear main seal. Total quote of 1300 bucks for the replacement.

I asked the wife which was better, the 2 dollar drip pan, or the 1300 dollar repair. She told me to get it fixed.

So while I was on a business trip, I dropped the car back at the shop, and its incontinence issue is resolved.

Comment

"I'm putting my foot down, right?"
              that said, I keep my diesels from leaking - which is a surprise to most since I think they came with factory leaks.....
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

My wife and I dated in High School before separating and reconnecting years later. She refers to my childhood home as the used car lot. At the time we were dating, my family had a 58 Edsel, 68 Mustang convertible, 73 Chevy Impala, 1981 Camaro and a 1985 Chevy 1/4 ton pickup. For a family of 3 people. The Imp was my driver. The Mustang was Mom's daily. Dad drove the pickup, The Edsel was garage art and the Camaro was a spare.

Seems totally sane, right?

Comment

There are 5 at my house for 2 drivers. I don't see the problem. I keep the ones I don't want to work on or sell at my sister's house
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

I have an idea for the next project for the car, but I have to do something else first.

I want to add factory Rear Air Suspension. The car is prewired for the compressor and relay. I need the back half of the wiring (trunk switch, bag solenoids), air line, bags, trunk switch and the computer module that goes behind the glovebox. Should be a weekend project.

I need to get my next certification to advance my career, so I'm studying for a CCIE (Cisco Certified Internet Expert). As a result, project budget had to go to a new laptop so I can work on labs while on the run.

Best spec for the price was a Lenovo L340 Gaming. Core I7, 256GB SSD and 16GB ram for about 800 bucks.

Gives me the ability to work on a topolgy that looks like this:

Comment

Update.

The CCIE is composed of 2 parts. A Written Exam that can be taken at any testing center, and then a Lab Exam that I need to travel to in Richardson Texas. Today I passed the written portion of the exam. Moving on to studying the lab portion.

As an aside, the first time pass rate for taking the lab exam is roughly 22 percent.

wish me luck.

Comment

Good luck! Glad I'm not taking those exams - the Internet is a mystery to me.

Dan

Comment

Luck!

Comment

Working...
                          X