No announcement yet.

The Pusher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I can remember where I wrote it down, there's a member on here by the name Colin V that has a Cordoba ( you know real Corinthian leather ) anyway he was on HRPT several years ago and had some headlights that were insanely bright. He was from Canada and said the truckers used them up there and couldn't believe that they hadn't caught on here. They were a straight bolt in no modifications. Hadn't seen him post in several years.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Perry the Impala has 5 3/4" lights. I may see if anything turns up in that size and run for brites!
      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

The 77 flatbed has singles for hi/lo beams.. I got motorcycle bulbs.. The glass is embossed "FOR MOTORCYCLE USE ONLY" H-4 halogens.. Bright! Only problem is slight dips are not lit.. Using landing light takes care of that.. But you need to turn the landing light off the second you see a hint of a car coming.
        The H-4's took all the adjustment to keep the aim off the oncoming lane.
        I need one more to put a pair in the 57.. I love that the spare bulb is only 2"x2"x3" box in the glove box.

Comment

The spot light showed up this weekend while I was at the beach. I got it out of the box and wired it up. It works! Now to figure out how to take it a part to mount it on the truck!

Comment

There is a screw or allen head bolt in the handle.. Has a flat spot (usually). That comes out then the handle comes off with the switch .. Part that comes off is L shaped..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              There is a screw or allen head bolt in the handle.. Has a flat spot (usually). That comes out then the handle comes off with the switch .. Part that comes off is L shaped..
              Thanks. I found a video of it. It's just like mine. Quality of the video isn't the best but it tells me everything I need to know.

Comment

I did some paint work and exhaust work on it this week.

Attached Files

Comment

Finally got the tool box installed.
                  Hope to get started on the disc brake swap soon also.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Andy4639; March 18, 2020, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Been awhile but the ramp has been going under several changes here lately. The front disc brakes are in. Put adjustable proportioning valve in it also. New tie rods, upper ball joints and a complete front end alignment. Also installed new motor mounts as well. Hope to have it ready for September 24 to go to Maggie Valley C 10 nationals. Got a new set of lug-nuts also to install the hub caps I bought a year ago.
                    I found a 1967 underdash GM AC unit to install also, this will be my winter time project. I have been re furbishing it and about have it all done.
                    Attached Files

Comment

What's the difference between city and highway on the A/C?
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Didn't sound like he has it installed yet. As a general rule, somewhere around 35 to 45 MPH, windows up and AC on beats windows down and AC off on fuel economy. I was on the team that did the actual, repeatable on-track testing at TRC in Ohio that proved this. That said, we did not test a ramp truck with a car on it so that may not apply as there is simply no known data.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                          What's the difference between city and highway on the A/C?
                          I have no idea. I haven't installed it yet just refurbishing it right now.
                          I was hoping to find some info on the net but so far nothing. I did find this on E bay but it had already sold. I tried to get a copy of the manual but wasn't able. The buyer never replied back.

Didn't sound like he has it installed yet. As a general rule, somewhere around 35 to 45 MPH, windows up and AC on beats windows down and AC off on fuel economy. I was on the team that did the actual, repeatable on-track testing at TRC in Ohio that proved this. That said, we did not test a ramp truck with a car on it so that may not apply as there is simply no known data.
                          Dan

Ha, yea I bet not!

The old A-6 compressor came with the unit. I got it for the brackets. I'm going to use the newer one. I have one a friend gave me still in the box. it will be much more efficient.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Andy4639; July 23, 2020, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Recirculate and fresh air would be my guess?
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                              Recirculate and fresh air would be my guess?
                              This is what I was thinking also but it doesn't have anything hooked up to the vents inside the truck to operate them for this. I guess it could have been the early version of it and like Dan stated you had to roll the windows down for it to work.

Would this have anything to do with the 68 Astro ventilation system?
                              Last edited by Andy4639; July 23, 2020, 01:40 PM.

Comment

After researching last night and reading on other sites I think I understand it now.
                                This is a AC/Heater under dash so by turning the knob it will let the hot water into the system and keep the evaporator from freezing up. Nothing to do with vents that I can tell since nothing is hooked up to them in the truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X