The Pusher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good answer!
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I picked up the truck this morning. Stops great. Randy did a great job on it. I sold the old drum brake front end before I left.
      Attached Files
      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Got the late model caps installed today.
        Attached Files

Comment

What you like best is most important , But , I like it better with the caps off .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

IMHO I like the new caps....
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

The caps look much better than that big hole in the wheels!

I have a small brake line leak on the front line of the master to get fixed tomorrow. I tried tightening it myself and it didn't stop so Randy said to bring it up in the morning he will do a new line if that's what it takes. I think the flare maybe bad.

I took it to get supper last night and it died on me in the middle of the road. I was almost home less than a mile. I got my neighbor to pull me home by the time I got home eat it was dark so I wait until today to look at it. It was like it was vapor locking up on me but it had never done that before so I did some looking. The carb filter was 1/2 blocked up with crap so I got a 66 2 barrel carb filter for a Chevelle and installed it and a in-line filter also with rubber hose. The old steel line was right on the front passenger side manifold so I moved it away from that.
              Attached Files

Comment

Fuel tank flush might be prudent Andy.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                  Fuel tank flush might be prudent Andy.
                  Yes you are right. I'm looking at pulling it and putting the one out of the 68 step I had cleaned then went to a back frame tank. It's been in plastic since March. I got the the new brake line done this morning so the ramp is good to go now.

Comment

Well being home all week by myself I have been getting some small stuff done to the ramp truck. A little at a time. It's so humid I can't keep the sweat out of my eyes. But I got the under dash lights in and new push on door seals along with new 66 truck plates. I also finished up the under dash AC unit. Now to start looking for compressor mounts and pulleys for it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well the gas tank in the Ramp truck needed some much needed maintenance quicker than I thought. It quite on me again today but lucky I got in the front yard. I took the gas tank out disconnected the fuel line and rubber hoses all the way to the motor. I will blow out the hard line inside the frame good and shoot some cleaner through it with air. I ordered a new sender and filler neck grommet for it. I cleaned this tank good with a bicycle chain and a sock full of rocks with acid tone and water mix. Looking with a flash light it looks pretty good. This is the tank out of the 68 step side I sold. I put a rear frame tank in it. I think it will be good to go with a new sender unit and in-line filter and Bronze filter, I may add a in-line filter under the truck also. :chevy:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Did you get a lot of junk out of the tank? Seems like there should have been a load of it.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          Did you get a lot of junk out of the tank? Seems like there should have been a load of it.

Dan
                          Dan I haven't even messed with it. I had this tank out of the 68 and just dropped it off to have it boiled out. The radiator shop said it be ready tomorrow afternoon. I cleanned it good back when I was working on the step side then decided to use the frame tank instead.
                          I dropped off another 2 barrel carb to have it rebuilt and to put on it when I get all the other stuff swapped out. I put a rubber plug on the end of the hard line where it goes to the gas tank. I then poured carberator cleaner in it and capped it off. Tomorrow I will blow it out with air and call it good. I bought new filters and rubber hoses for both ends.
                          Last edited by Andy4639; August 6, 2020, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Tank is back in with new sender new fuel lines & filters with the 2 barrel carb rebuilt and it's running good so far.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I finally got some time at home to do some stuff on the ramp truck. I finished all the work on it in time for the show this weekend. Got the letters shadowed and made a radio delete plate for it with my digital volt meter installed. So I loaded it up tonight for Saturday morning. Will be heading out early Saturday for our local club picnic and truck show.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X