Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain View Post
    OH.....A Donkey Donk ! .....

Click image for larger version Name:	small-Chevrolet-1972-Caprice-coupe-donk.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.9 KB ID:	1302775
    Barf... no. Rears were N-50-15. Fronts were not as big but still wide
    you ever ride in a donk? Backbreaking. Lol

Comment

Don't insult the Pala Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0012.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	301.9 KB
ID:	1302903
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

It always happens when Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0017.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	581.0 KB
ID:	1303178Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0016~2.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	511.0 KB
ID:	1303179you park a car next to one your working on. I'm going through the suspension on my 69.

Comment

I can so fully relate! Mutt often ends up with bits and pieces on the tonneau.

Dan

Comment

We have a fiero gt in the garage that the rear hood and wing have all kinds of vette parts on it . Also tools .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Well it's been awhile since I posted, hopefully things might get moving. In the picture I present you with the "Holy Grail". If you knew the whole story you'd understand, actually I'm not sure I do. But I do have a driveshaft
              ( Billfold short $365 ). Everything south of Birmingham has been crushed so there isn't any cruising the junkyards for anything. Next two days I'm running the roads so it'll be Thursday before I can see if it'll move under it's own power. Tranny worked when I stored it, we'll see.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0123~2.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	1311940

Comment

Well preliminary results is the tranny works!! Got a aggravating T-stat housing leak, got a new cast one on the way, after that we test drive!
                Last edited by corvettedad; January 27, 2022, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Update:
                  Well it moves under it's own power! Couldn't test drive, something is screwed with the brakes Wich is completely new, but it's like stepping on a brick. Thinking it might just be needing a good round of manual bleeding, hopefully it's not the new booster. Tommorow I'll have some help. A few other little quirks that I have to sort through, this car was not loved. But I'll get there.
                  ​ ​​​​​​​

Comment

May want to research as this has caught me before: https://www.google.com/search?q=GM+b...ng+valve+reset
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Update #2
                      Ok first the brakes, thinking I might pull the axles I hadn't tightened the shoes up but to make it worse I hadn't tightened up the line to the left wheel cylinder snug. I need to find a better mechanic. Now I also had a problem with it bogging when I got in to it. I'm thinking sounds like timing but if I put it where it should be it still bogged and rattled. So the investigation began. Findings, the line to the advance had stretched and wasn't connected well, looking at the new see through fuel filter it looked brownish and the pleats were folding over. Took it out and couldn't blow anything through it, don't know how it was even running. Got Robert to go get me some gas, I figured it was about out. Put 5 gal of 93 in it, it's clear now. Ok now I cranked the timing up and there you go, rolling about 30mph and stomp it no rattle and tires light up. Fixed!! Now a break from the Pala and the Vette goes to the rack for an engine swap. Got to be ready for the
                      " The Great Southern The Tour "
                      Last edited by corvettedad; February 24, 2022, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• finding a better mechanic isn't the issue, finding one that works for the wages you do... that's the tough one.

what do you get when you add 5 gallons of gas to one gallon of bad gas? answer, 6 gallons of bad gas (thank you VG Garage for that gem).

and yet, you won.... fantastic!

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Well we finally got the Vette engine back in. Took a while because of my limited time in the shop, but with the help of my Ace mechanic who has skinny fingers and a good back that I used to have we should be rolling by the weekend. My boy Robert stepped up to the plate and helped the old man out. Now that the Vette will be ready for the " The Great Southern Tour " the Pala will heading to paint soon which is good I'm about burnt out.Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG0212~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.00 MB ID:	1317686
                            Last edited by corvettedad; April 14, 2022, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Excellent that your Son has Stepped Up to help the
                              "Ol Man"
                              I get more Shop Time out of my "Little Help" (Grand Children)
                              than my son's lately....Both are working all the Hours they can to make up for the Lost Income during the Pandemic.

Comment

• Got the Vette rolling, put a 150+ flawless miles on it today. Now getting ready to take the Impala to paint. Seems like the worm is turning!

Comment

Working...
                                X