X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain
    replied
    OH.....A Donkey Donk ! .....

Click image for larger version  Name:	small-Chevrolet-1972-Caprice-coupe-donk.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.9 KB ID:	1302775
    Last edited by Captain; August 12, 2021, 05:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Used to be a yellow 70 Impala with a big block , whole car was basically level but jacked up and wide rubber on all 4 corners.
    nobody thought to cut fenders. Jack up thr car and have 6” sticking out.

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    He he he........
    This is how a "The Saturday following ANY Friday Rusty Iron Club" beer meeting can Totally de-Arrange your Project's Inspiration!

And of course, They are Spending Your Money to make it happen.....

​​​

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Impalas had coil springs IIRC... Gabriel Hi Jackers to the rescue!

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

I was thinking 12" shackles and some N50s!
    these look more like a L60, but I'm still cringing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-01-16_04-48-39.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	1302376

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

That would make it correct for the time period.
    I like N50's

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
    Thanks for the input guy's, I was thinking that myself.

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Thanks for the input guy's, I was thinking that myself.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Looks good from where I'm sitting!

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    I agree. The bumper will make the front look lower, and I think it's just right so far.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyWhiteBoy
    replied
    Bummer about the T.C.

I like the stance as is.

I'm leery about going too low, I hate to bottom out (on suspension or road hazards).

Cool car!

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Well it's off the rack but unfortunately there's a problem with the Torque converter, yes there's a story there, maybe at a later date. I'm still mad about it. One surprise I didn't expect it's got brakes!! I replaced everything from the pedal to the wheels and all I used was the handheld vacuum brake bleeder, never worked very good for me in the past. Anyway here is she is, trying to decide if I like the way the Stance turned out. Should I drop another inch in front? Once I get it out on pavement I'll be able to tell more. Hey it runs and will stop if I can make it move. Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0011~2.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	1302304

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    IT'S ALIVE!!
    It sounds great although I haven't finished breaking in the cam, no it's not a roller and it had a serious t-stat leak. If I can figure out how to post a video I'll do one first of the week. I took a daddy weekend ( probably my last ) to Louisiana to hangout with Big Dave.

Leave a comment:

• Dave the Bartender
    replied
    Thanks for the update, and the heads-up about Murphy. Funny you mention the Tiki Bar Hoppin. Power Tour buddy since 07, Just Adam came down last weekend from Wisconsin and wanted to go Tiki Bar Hoppin . . . again ! Next time you visit, we will go to this hidden treasure called the "Oasis" on Alligator Point. Thought you would enjoy the pic of the three of us enjoying Bloody Mary's for brunch. BTW, Bartender Christina pours a mean Sweet Tea too !
    Keep us posted,
    Cheers,
    BtB

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Well it's been tough this year getting into the shop BUT I've been getting some work done in short stints ( hard to take John especially with the heat ) and well tommorow I button up the cooling system and........... I ain't gonna say it, cause if do something will happen. I've been seeing Murphy sniffing around my shop. Hopefully I'll have more soon. Heck I'm ready to go Tiki bar hopping again!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X