X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

Not directly related.... Sent you a BangShift Message....
    Thanks Patrick - I got it. Pretty significant build - well beyond what we did with the wagon.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

Hasn't come thru yet. I'll check later.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    Thanks Dan

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Thanks Dan

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

Thanks for the advice Dan. I am most worried about adhesion. More now since the wagon had to be COMPLETELY re-painted when in the shop for deer repair and the top coat came off in sheets! And it was painted by a professional.

This truck is not supposed to be pretty but I also don't want it to be ugly or badly executed. I'm pretty sure I don't have any other distractions planned between now and March so I won't have much of an excuse to not try something.
    If you get hung up on the paint part bring it up here. I got a guy! Harry does nice work for a fair price. You won't win Best Paint but it'll be nice. We have a guest room.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Don't let body work scare you. It's WAY easier than - say - building an engine. The best advice I have is make any patches as best as you can, but patch panels when available, grind the welds carefully (I used a burr on the die grinder for tight spots), then keep any filler as thin as possible. Spot prime as you go (I need to take my own advice on that one!) and just keep at it. Tackle one area then move on to the next. It just takes time. If you want to enter it in Autorama hire a pro and be prepared to wait - forever. My general rule is that good enough is better than doing nothing.
    Thanks for the advice Dan. I am most worried about adhesion. More now since the wagon had to be COMPLETELY re-painted when in the shop for deer repair and the top coat came off in sheets! And it was painted by a professional.

This truck is not supposed to be pretty but I also don't want it to be ugly or badly executed. I'm pretty sure I don't have any other distractions planned between now and March so I won't have much of an excuse to not try something.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    absolutely NO progress! I am paralyzed as I am at the body work stage and have never done any and am afraid that I will do it wrong and end up having to do it over (and over) again!
    Don't let body work scare you. It's WAY easier than - say - building an engine. The best advice I have is make any patches as best as you can, but patch panels when available, grind the welds carefully (I used a burr on the die grinder for tight spots), then keep any filler as thin as possible. Spot prime as you go (I need to take my own advice on that one!) and just keep at it. Tackle one area then move on to the next. It just takes time. If you want to enter it in Autorama hire a pro and be prepared to wait - forever. My general rule is that good enough is better than doing nothing.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    absolutely NO progress! I am paralyzed as I am at the body work stage and have never done any and am afraid that I will do it wrong and end up having to do it over (and over) again!

So I have let myself get distracted with the wagon:
    1. March - Run to the Sun
    2. April - Pettyfest
    3. June - PowerTour
    4. July - Syracuse
    5. August - Michigan

~12k miles in 6 months with all the associated maintenance (she is a high maintenance girl!)

I am hoping to get back at the truck soon. Need to prime and apply bedliner to the underside and firewall of the cab. Once that is done, I can put the cab back on the chassis and start prepping the other sheet metal. I have modified the core support and need to send it to the powder coaters and then I can hang the fenders. Lots to do - just need to get over the body work part so I can move on to the stuff I think I know how to do.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    X2…

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    It's been awhile........just curious.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Dave - I wish I could say that I am making as much progress as you are!

Truck - slowly making progress. Currently working on the cab - bulkhead connectors for the wiring and a/c lines, modifying the dash for different switches/controls and waiting on plumbing parts. Still need to figure out seating, console and music

Wagon - still waiting! Hoping to get it back later this month. Considering having the carpet replaced (again) while it is so far apart. I have most of the upgrade work done for the a/c and haven't decided what I am going to do about the door glass (passenger side broken). It's been a couple of weeks since we went up to see it. At that time it was suppose to be going into paint in a couple of days. I haven't heard anything so I am hoping that it is going well.

Getting stuff for both projects continues to be challenging.

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave the Bartender View Post
    Glad to see you posting progress. Sorry I have been out of the loop for a long while trying to build this gas station house. Hand looks bad, truck looks great, wagon looks somewhere in between, Always love to see other folk's progress as it is a motivator to keep plugging away on my own "stuff." What is the latest car and truck news?

Bob the Builder a.k.a. DTB
    Share your feelings......
    I'm retired the 2nd year......And Don't Know where all the time Goes !!
    But one thing is while Gainfully Employed I would Work Thru Illnesses, ....
    Now they knock all ambitions out of going out to the shop. This last Sinus Cold was a Dandy, lost 2 weeks !! And was on Amoxicillin for 10 days.....So it must have "Been a Gooder".

Leave a comment:

• Dave the Bartender
    replied
    Glad to see you posting progress. Sorry I have been out of the loop for a long while trying to build this gas station house. Hand looks bad, truck looks great, wagon looks somewhere in between, Always love to see other folk's progress as it is a motivator to keep plugging away on my own "stuff." What is the latest car and truck news?

Bob the Builder a.k.a. DTB

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Bummer on the peeling paint. That just sucks! But I know you'll make it handsome again. And the truck - one step at a time.......

Dan

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Seeing your wagon in that condition after seeing it in person on the power tour definitely hits a nerve. Gosh that hurts to look at. As always with patience and perseverance you will prevail.
    one
    step
    at a
    time

Leave a comment:

Working...
X