Clear All

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    ooops

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2587.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	1224325

I wonder if there is a cabriolet kit for a 66 F250?
    Build one... . You seem to have the skills...

Comment

That look like a mighty large sunroof!
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
        ooops

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2587.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	1224325

I wonder if there is a cabriolet kit for a 66 F250?
        you may be stuck with a roadster kit
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

That's a big step! I'll bet it goes very well from here on out.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I'm confused is there something wrong with the top of the truck? Or maybe bronco removable top conversion?
            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                I'm confused
                Welcome to the club - for me it is a good sign when I am only confused!

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                ... is there something wrong with the top of the truck ...
                It seemed to me to be easier to replace the roof than attempt to build a new drip rail and fix all the missing metal

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2592.jpg Views:	1 Size:	285.9 KB ID:	1224714

There was a remnant of a drip rail on the driver's side which predominately channeled all the rain water into the cab through the holes in the roof!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2593.jpg Views:	1 Size:	252.2 KB ID:	1224715

New donor roof, ruff cut and ready for final fit. I separated it at the back along the original body seem so I "should" be able to spot weld it back together along the flanges.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2591.JPG Views:	1 Size:	268.8 KB ID:	1224718

This has resulted in one major issue!

I have this piece left over

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2594.jpg Views:	2 Size:	302.9 KB ID:	1224717

Which has me contemplating a lower roof line! Hopefully, I will come to my senses (or more accurately borrow some from someone else) and just put it back together at the stock height.
                Last edited by cstmwgn; December 17, 2018, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Don't chop it Allen! It throws the proportions outa whack! Those were beautiful trucks when new...with your attention to detail, she's gonna be a show stopper!
                  Last edited by silver_bullet; December 17, 2018, 08:55 AM.
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                      Don't chop it Allen! It throws the proportions outa whack! Those were beautiful trucks when new...with your attention to detail, she's gonna be a show stopper!
                      Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Dan
                      I thought we were supposed to be enablers! I say go for it!
                      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                      74 Nova Project
                      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                      79 Chevy Truck Project
                      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                        I am afraid Randy (66 F-100 EcoBoost) has set the bar WAY TO HIGH for any mere mortal to compete in a comparable high end build! His truck is a beauty and should be the benchmark for that year/model.

I really don't want another "pretty" vehicle. I have 1 1/2 now and it is a lot of work / worry. The truck with be strong but most likely not pretty nor as detailed as the wagon. I am trying very hard to stay away from the "slippery slope" as I would also like to make it an "extra cab / short bed" deal but I just don't posses the skills to do that level of customizations myself and I don't want to triple the build budget for custom metal work on the cab by a pro.

But hey - I have some junk parts and lots of wire and gas so there would be no loss in ruining those parts trying things out.

Comment

You could call MP&C! They have the skills and clearly don't have anything else to do.

Dan

Comment

I think you should chop it as short as you are you don't need the head room anyway. Plus you can save money on interior you won't need a seat just padded carpet. But you will need that extended cab to get your legs straight or you will look like a cartoon charter on a RF shirt. Good move on the top that looked like alot more work than replacement.
                            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

I'm in the 'keep it stock' camp. The metal work can be done fairly easily, but the glass, channels, and wing-windows are a whole new ballgame.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

I thought we were supposed to be enablers! I say go for it!
                                Alleged enabler... often accused, never convicted....
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X