No announcement yet.

1966 f250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you need a crewcab, they did sell them.. I was going to buy one in late 70's but it was just a beat to shit railroad truck with a pretty paint. The box was short! I needed a hauler, so 2 strikes.

Comment

Image result for 1966 ford crew cab

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
        Image result for 1966 ford crew cab
        Yeah - I have been thinking about taking a crewcab and shortening it. Only thinking as I haven't looked very hard at finding a 4 door cab in decent shape.

Comment

Well, Slick Crews are "Thin on the Ground", so keep your eyes open, and be prepared to pounce, because they generally don't last too long when they come up.

Here's my lump.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-200S.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1224975

James

Comment

Ho Ho Ho ! Just finished rereading Ed's entire thread and decided to refresh my memory of your last year. "The first page is the best." As each page rolled by, seems you are putting more and more love into this evolving project. I love a good novel and this one is not disappointing me. Keep the momentum going, as this resurrection is one I am going to follow through the climax, all the way to the Happy Ending.
            Thanks to both of you for the effort to document this cool build.
            Cheers !

Less than climatic DTB
            DTB - RETIRED

Comment

40% off at LKQ Bradenton

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2614.jpg Views:	1 Size:	929.2 KB ID:	1225971

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2615.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	1225972

None of this stuff will bolt on, so once I get it cleaned up, I can start to figure out how I might make it fit!

Last edited by cstmwgn; December 29, 2018, 03:22 PM.

Comment

What's the donor?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  What's the donor?

Dan
                  2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD

Comment

That ought to have significant stopping power!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

I am afraid Randy (66 F-100 EcoBoost) has set the bar WAY TO HIGH for any mere mortal to compete in a comparable high end build! His truck is a beauty and should be the benchmark for that year/model.

I really don't want another "pretty" vehicle. I have 1 1/2 now and it is a lot of work / worry. The truck with be strong but most likely not pretty nor as detailed as the wagon. I am trying very hard to stay away from the "slippery slope" as I would also like to make it an "extra cab / short bed" deal but I just don't posses the skills to do that level of customizations myself and I don't want to triple the build budget for custom metal work on the cab by a pro.

But hey - I have some junk parts and lots of wire and gas so there would be no loss in ruining those parts trying things out.
                      the bar not set that high!
                      But each one I do I try to best the one prior. (Except Eco2.7 it will be a quickie driver)
                      Too bad you were not closer rust free cabs go from free up to about 500.00 here. Do have a nice Extra cab or 2.

doors are very plentiful here and usually under 100.00

Will buy a nice one. Hard part to find is nice right front fenders.

Comment

Update

Got lots of stuff back from the powdercoater today. I am going to have some detail work to do as they didn't listen well to my concerns about masking off certain areas. I had duck tapped everything but they said they would have to remove the duct tape after sandblasting and put their super gofast double secret powdercoating tap on those areas. Overall - they did a good job.

Name:	IMG_2660.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	699.6 KB
ID:	1228238

x

Name:	IMG_2659.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	940.8 KB
ID:	1228239

While waiting on the powdercoater to do his thing, my buddy was able to get my old rotors on a diet. They are still plenty heavy but now I have the option of going to a Wilwood big brake kit OR OEM stuff from later model 3/4 ton trucks. Next step is to start figuring out the caliper bracket. I don't think it is going to be that hard to make but then again - I don't always think straight!

Name:	IMG_2662.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	739.6 KB
ID:	1228240
                        x

Name:	IMG_2663.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	629.2 KB
ID:	1228241

Comment

Next step is to start figuring out the caliper bracket. I don't think it is going to be that hard to make but then again - I don't always think straight!

But I like how you think on a curve! Straight only takes two points.... a curve is more creative!
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Bump.... How goes it Allen?
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Name:	F100XL.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1232889
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

How 'bout an update??
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X