No announcement yet.

Daily Diesel Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, crappy picture, but that's 'done' (for now)

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

A vast improvement in my opinion.....
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
        A vast improvement in my opinion.....
        now it's 'my' car. There is another black, 2nd gen colorado 4 door running around in my area.... can't have confusion

Comment

What winch are you running?
          No offence, but that bumper doesn't look well designed. Your approach angle looks worse than stock and the winch looks like it sits ahead of the end of the frame rails, not to mention looking like it's fairly low.
          Image result for colorado bullbars
          Although this isn't a great bar, I''ve got a similar one on my Mitsubishi, it doesn't effect the approach angle that much and the winch is actually between the frame rails. Although this particular car doesn't have a winch fitted, the hawse will sit just below the front license plate.
          You can see how the winch sits on mine, not reall happy with this bar but it was already fitted when I got the car.

Comment

I'm sure there's lots of choices out there...a guy picks what he thinks will work for him.

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
              What winch are you running?
              No offence, but that bumper doesn't look well designed. Your approach angle looks worse than stock and the winch looks like it sits ahead of the end of the frame rails, not to mention looking like it's fairly low.

Although this isn't a great bar, I''ve got a similar one on my Mitsubishi, it doesn't effect the approach angle that much and the winch is actually between the frame rails. Although this particular car doesn't have a winch fitted, the hawse will sit just below the front license plate.
              You can see how the winch sits on mine, not reall happy with this bar but it was already fitted when I got the car.
              good questions... here it goes. There are 4 choices of winch bumpers out there, Fab4, ARB, another whose name escapes me, and one that was designed by some guy on a forum.

Clearance. the bottom of the radiator is level with the bottom of the winch bumper - which is actually above the front differential. The winch cannot move farther back without removal of the duct and the intercooler (it draws air from about where the Z71 is and then moves it down and through the intercooler).
              Also keep in mind that for some really stupid reason Toyota and GM both seem to think a long nose is attractive - in real numbers the front of the winch bumper is only 2" in front of where the bumper cover was - because of the way the front of the truck is, it's not a lot further forward but sure looks like it - especially with the cow guard.

So why FAB4 - mostly because the other designs require that you cut the bumper cover for the bits right under the lights. As far as design - I'm really impressed with it.
              And clearance - all of the winch bumpers use the same mount (what the hooks attach to) as the where the winch plate is - so all winches are in the same place.... and on this truck, it cannot move up without blocking the intercooler flow.
              The forum designed one only replaces the center area of the bumper so the plastic ends remain there to be assaulted by trail obstacles. With that said, if I'd bought a ZR2, I think that design is perfect for it because GM eliminated the plastic on the ZR2....

So you can visualize - the pictures you attach both have the winch in front of the grill, in this design, the winch is 1/2 under the grill.

To be honest, I wish GM had moved the front axle a 4" or so forward.... it also would have made it easier to put big tires on it. Once I lift this 5.5" and put 35s under it, it'll look better. but even now it has a 'work truck' function over form look that I kind of like (though I'm still not 100% behind the look... it is functional because the winch is easy to control and observe)

Comment

So why not move the front axle foward 4" and put it where it should be. I am sure you can do it!
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                  So why not move the front axle foward 4" and put it where it should be. I am sure you can do it!
                  why not indeed

Comment

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

So let me go ahead and give my recommendation for Kicker's amp for the Colorado

DON'T BUY THIS CRAP

there. I sent the amp back and they either sent it right back to me or they sent me another one that had been returned for not working.... Kicker is no help - though they'll gladly send you more crap so that you have a more-expensive, not working system.

To recap
                      DOESN'T WORK
                      NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

tl;dr Do not buy.

Comment

thanks for the heads up!
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Already topping this one eh??? : https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...mage=AAvMGbB|1
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	AAvMU9l.img?h=373&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1196910
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Update. Bed box should arrive today, problem is it's in the shop.

I preach this - a lot - never let the stupid stuff give your critics reason. Whether it's Summit Racing lying about when the box was shipped - I was just blanking asking when it was going to be shipped and arrive (after waiting a week to call); or making sure the AC works before the truck leaves the plant (and no later then final detail at the dealership)....

That said, I love this little truck, no, I don't love the ant eater nose, but I like its ride, capacities, driving experience and love its fuel economy. Add to that it's easier to park, and it is a neat truck.

but still... really GM? you've come so far, but it seems you have a ways to go.

every car has surprises... this is no exception.

Cops around here are fully vested in the Ford Explorers as cop cars. If you squint just right and aren't paying a lot of attention, the nose on this looks cop-ish. I figured that once I put the bumper on, it's slow the mis-identification... nope, still get people anchoring their brakes when they glance in their rear-view mirror and even ones pulling off the road to let me passed so they won't get stopped
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 30, 2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              , I don't love the ant eater nose....

oh, wait....thats an aardvark. never mind. carry on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	aardvark.png
Views:	60
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1199037

Comment

and the dealership threw parts at it, and it didn't work

Comment

Working...
                                X