No announcement yet.

Daily Diesel Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richmond, assembling from parts make offshore. From a commenter at tri-five.com:

Yes it is true. It's a TKO style transmission called the Richmond IR5. I've been working closely with them for 3 years on this. Unlike other startup 5 speed programs the idea of this was to make TKO compatible parts for resale as well as case kits that offer more clearance and a 3 position rear shifter. Parts are done and we expect assemblies to be happening by 1st of the year. It will be debuting at the 2018 SEMA show and I will be at the Richmond booth on Wednesday. I will be doing a video on it soon.

The price point, I'm not sure of because I don't have that info yet. As far as made in China, I wouldn't worry about it. The plants that manufacture the gears do a far superior job than the old US gears and Italian ones. Quality is pretty amazing because latest state of the art machinery is used and the Top cover is billet.

See you guys at SEMA,
    Paul Cangialosi
    Am imagining today is head-home day...
    Last edited by Loren; November 2, 2018, 04:06 AM.

Comment

at 8 pm.... I wonder how I missed Richmond's booth... I'll look
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        nope they're switched to the "blind the tailgater" switch (that isn't installed yet)
        Many years ago when I was doing road service for VW we called the work light on the back the bastard light. As in "Get off my arse you bastard" It was officially called an ambulance light.
        I've added an LED flood light under the back of the Mitsu to help the camera at night. Can't use it to get tailgaters off my tail though, it's mounted behind the hitch which is at the same height.

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post

Many years ago when I was doing road service for VW we called the work light on the back the bastard light. As in "Get off my arse you bastard" It was officially called an ambulance light.
          I've added an LED flood light under the back of the Mitsu to help the camera at night. Can't use it to get tailgaters off my tail though, it's mounted behind the hitch which is at the same height.
          These are yellow and white so it's a clearance light

Comment

shiney stuff arrived

I can't believe I'm shopping for 31s (so small) but alas I am - and it's embarrassing.... this is going to get a week or two of love - I need to get the SAR gear in it, also need to build the sliders, level it (2" add-a-leaf rear), then finally build the rack that I've been threatening for awhile. Remember that aluminum spool gun I bought, the rack is part of those projects that I have planned for it.

Comment

We measured the available 31s out there and found that none were actually 31x10.50.... That's why the ZR2 that I drive daily is riding on 265/70R17 115T on Corvette zr1 17x9 replica front rims... makes the sidewall aspect nearly square and the tire installers don't like me too much, but, it handles great!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

now installed

Comment

31" would be stock size wouldn't it? I'm running 265/65R17 Yokos on my Mitsu, stock size. Could have gone abit taller but it's not needed, neither is the 2" lift I'm running really but it was there already.

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                    31" would be stock size wouldn't it? I'm running 265/65R17 Yokos on my Mitsu, stock size. Could have gone abit taller but it's not needed, neither is the 2" lift I'm running really but it was there already.
                    stock measured 29" the 265/70 17 are almost 33, 32.8. the 32 is the stock size for the ZR2. I didn't want the expensive shocks (or need for that matter) to warrant paying the extra $10,000. e-lockers would be nice, but I can install them for less then that and regear at the same time for about 50%... but again, this isn't my wheeler, so if I regear, I'll put a detroit in the rear and call it good enough....

with what I do, the bit of extra clearance is nice to have - but I don't see going any taller, my H3 was on 35s, and that was about 2" too short for where I play offroad, but about 2" too tall for daily driving.

those wheels - I love the color, despite going all black on my C3, I think I'm done with all black

I did get them to every so slightly touch the rear of the fender.. so I'll deal with that tomorrow.

Comment

• today's task, mount the light bar and the radio

eventually the yellow lights will be clearance flashers.

HAM radio.... actually quad band radio... FM, HAM, CB

and sometimes you just gotta take a break and park on the snowbank

Comment

• In better light

Comment

• Love the wheels. bronze looks Gooder. all my wheel customers are still stuck on black. except that random guy( Can you get me chrome spokes for my new truck)

falken at3w?? how do you like them? I sell quite a bit of them.
                          i gotta tell ya, though... you are off on the size dimensions, 285's are 32.8. 265-70-17 are 31.7. but who cares, it looks good
                          Last edited by 1badmonkey; February 26, 2019, 02:29 PM. Reason: spelling.... whatever dude
                          Charles

Comment

• Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
                            Love the wheels. bronze looks Gooder. all my wheel customers are still stuck on black. except that random guy( Can you get me chrome spokes for my new truck)

falken at3w?? how do you like them? I sell quite a bit of them.
                            i gotta tell ya, though... you are off on the size dimensions, 285's are 32.8. 265-70-17 are 31.7. but who cares, it looks good
                            I like them, they're a lot quieter then the Goodyears that came off, think I'm even getting a touch better fuel economy.

I've gotten a lot of compliments - including "did you get a new truck" from my neighbor....

and measures out to 30 1/2 x 11....
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 26, 2019, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• I like this project!
                              I need tires for my F150, so these Falken at3w look interesting! I was about to pull the trigger on the GoodYear Wrangler Trailrunner AT. These Falken tires are way less money, and the newest version looks to be a winner even in snow which is my main obstacle!
                              I have some take-off 2014 Raptor wheels so I'll be going from the 18 inch wheel to the 17 and moving up to a 285-70-17, 33-inch dia. that seems to be a nice upgrade size for the F150.

When the F150 gets replaced in a couple years I'm seriously looking into the Colorado with the Diesel, Perhaps the ZR2? I'll get a lightly used version when the time comes.

Edit: I just did some research on these Falken Tires, great reviews all around. I JUST ordered a set, thanks for sharing this information!
                              Last edited by mike343sharpstick; February 27, 2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Chevy Diesel question: We watch Wheel of Fortune most every night (ME says it keeps her mind sharp and it must work) and I saw they were giving away a Chevy Terrain (IIRC - a mid-size SUV anyhow)) w/Diesel. Same engine as the Colorado?

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X