No announcement yet.

Daily Diesel Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like selectable lockers because on the road, a locking differential is usually a liability - especially when you have the e-nannies. They usually don't cost more, either, except that you need to wire a switch
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• That's what I was thinking.
      Sadly, I will not be doing anything interesting for a bit, last night I struck a large woodland animal as he was leaping across the road, so I'll need to spend some time just getting the truck back to how it was yesterday morning.
      Not a huge amount of Damage, but a passenger fender, headlight, and misc. stuff will be needed.
      Carry on

Comment

• Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
        That's what I was thinking.
        Sadly, I will not be doing anything interesting for a bit, last night I struck a large woodland animal as he was leaping across the road, so I'll need to spend some time just getting the truck back to how it was yesterday morning.
        Not a huge amount of Damage, but a passenger fender, headlight, and misc. stuff will be needed.
        Carry on
        my fab4 front bumper laughed off a Toyota Tundra that backed into it. Toyota Tundra will be going to the shop for repairs....

Comment

• finally got around to wiring the radio

I love those melting butt connectors
          and voila

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            I love those melting butt connectors
            and voila
            What do you use for the heat source?
            Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
            74 Nova Project
            66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
            79 Chevy Truck Project
            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

open flame.... you know, what they tell you not to do - that said, don't catch it on fire and it'll be fine

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

I use a heat gun - works pretty good but you can still scorch the sheathing if you get it too hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

open flame.... you know, what they tell you not to do - that said, don't catch it on fire and it'll be fine
                  Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

I use a heat gun - works pretty good but you can still scorch the sheathing if you get it too hot.
                  Thanks Guys - Just ordered up some for the LS harness rework.
                  Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                  74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                  79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• I have both kinds of melters... they make a special, heated air gun that does the same thing as open flame - to the point it can burn the coating - its problems are: it has a cord, it is NOT a good idea to clamp it between your legs, and the heat zone is larger so if you're practicing safe wire holding (fingers spaced as far apart as possible) you still can get toasting fingers

Comment

• I use a small Snap-On butane torch, or my butane soldering iron.
                      Decided the soldering iron was the safest bet when I had to repair a wire on the ECU when I installed the torque convertor controller on the Mitsu.
                      I had to repair a wire because I found the wrong one orignally, typical that the wire I needed would be green with red trace. I'm red/green colour blind

Comment

• Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                        I use a small Snap-On butane torch, or my butane soldering iron.
                        Decided the soldering iron was the safest bet when I had to repair a wire on the ECU when I installed the torque convertor controller on the Mitsu.
                        I had to repair a wire because I found the wrong one orignally, typical that the wire I needed would be green with red trace. I'm red/green colour blind
                        I hate wiring, it's why I'm certain Al is certifiably nuts. It took me 6 months to run 2 wires to make my ham radio work. I still have to wire the switch and lights (though in my defense, I don't know where I'm going to put the switches). As for soldering - I don't know where my butane torch went.... I organized and put it somewhere smart - which was pretty dumb.

Comment

• Put it "away"
                          Now where is "away"??

Buy another cuz you can't find it...then you find it.
                          I have 4. (FOUR) engravers and cannot find any when I want them... One is variable speed too..

Comment

• Yesterday I did some volunteer trail clearing, took the Colorado I really need to get the hole drilled for the light
                            plasma to the rescue

Comment

• updates.... first skid plates... last outing I destroyed the plastic one...

genuine GM.... nice bits
                              the holes

the coverage

I've had these parts for awhile - 1500 lb springs

after using the new center bolt to clamp the springs together... chop off the excess

my major concern was the bolts didn't seem long enough for a new leaf.... yet they were.... coolio

and now with its rake returned - more importantly, being able to haul 2 bikes

then started scoping out wiring
                              no

yep.... yes, this is blue-tooth enabled lighting.... it has switches but you can also control it with your phone (why? dunno, but it is a feature)

Comment

• Why? Walking up to it in a blackout?

Comment

Working...
                                X