X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to do some daily fixes

first was the cabin filter

then the fuel filter

apparently it filters dirt AND bugs.... how the bug got in there? dunno, but its days of annoyance are most certainly done

Watched the YouTubes - there is no difference in filter number now.... but given it's a box on the frame with 2 outlets on the top of the filter.... there would be no reason to have different screen sizes

the sticker is more a reminder of when and approx mileage.

a few things, the owner's manual tells you, but to save someone the search - once the filters are back in place, you turn the key on for 30s without starting. turn off, wait 15s - you'll hear it popping air pressure. Turn it back on for 30s (without starting), you may hear a couple pops but now 15s later, it should be good to go. Start it, let it idle for a couple minutes then you should be good to go.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• welding was done until I stepped on a cord and broke the tip. Mental note: when you say "buy another tip".... you should probably do it before you break the replacement....was on a roll though

flat ground

test fit

everything minus plates

that should solve the issue. Someone clipped my truck on the rocker panel.... I know, closing the barn door after the horse has escaped; however, I suspect blind psychologist (yeah, pretty sure I know who) will do it again

for the two people reading this. I talked to Gale Banks at SEMA. In the next 2 months, we should have a plug and play throttle fix. It is pretty awesome (and Gale Banks is my hero - it was soooooo cool to talk 6.2 and 6.5 diesels with him.... still smiling about that).... anyway, back to your regularly schedule sliders

Comment

• Excellent that you got to talk with Mr. Banks! He's one of my heros, too.

Dan

Comment

• Old hotness

new hotness

it works awesome, you can even see blue when it's darkened.... and I finished up the sliders. Tomorrow paint

Comment

• I'll have to check one of those out. Anything to help see while welding......

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; November 19, 2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              I'll have to check one of those out. Anything to help see while welding......

Dan
              I'm not ready to declare it's going to make me a better welder, it seems to be clearer when welding - however, whether that's a function of new helmet or new technology is unknown. What has helped is using a magnifying lens in my helmet - being able to see where you're welding makes for much prettier welds... I bought it at SEMA because it was $250, not $325. I had looked at them before when they were nearly $400...
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 19, 2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• looking good! are you planning to weld the sliders directly to the frame?
                "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
                1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
                2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• yep....
                  and now with a bit of paint

Comment

• Installed

Comment

• Looking good! I might need to pick up a set for my 2500HD.
                      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
                      1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
                      2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• sooo, it's only taken a year to wire in the lights and the Hummer has been gone for 2, so now is about time to put the air compressors back on

the hole

make the old mount work

and it doesn't

the problem is these put out quite a bit of heat if you run them for any length of time.... putting them up against the plastic, pressurized radiator reservoir would cool them, I suppose, but I'm just not willing to carry extra reservoirs.... so I have a couple choices, lay them over (which I don't think there is enough room to do that), find another spot under the vehicle (maybe), or get an ARB compressor that fits in that hole....

Comment

• and the other shoe of today.... so I've been waiting to put a lift kit on my truck - thought I had all the parts, but apparently one important box was missing.. now it's apart and I get to wait
                          before height, it will be 6" taller when this is done

before

nice to know the dealership who is changing oil is waiting until the warranty is done to tell me about this leak

this much taller

diff is out... now I wait for parts... and I need the lift

oh and the suburban (my backup rig) made clicky noises with the starter tonight.... efffensteelskins.

Comment

• wow. Rough Country. I bought the lift from 4wheel Parts (closed on Sunday), they bought it direct from Rough Country, my guess is they forwarded 6 packages. There were 7. Called Rough Country this morning. They looked it up, all boxes delivered. This was early June.

Rough Country, despite it not being their fault, is next-day-air those parts to me for free.

Comment

• Super decent of them. An A+ from me!

Dan

Comment

• I've always liked them, this just affirms my choice to use them... fact is the 85 Burb I built on here had a Rough Country kit... the Blazer that's coming will get a similar kit but ....
                                time to cut my new truck

put the front differential back in

and a bit of trimming on a brake dust shield

Comment

Working...
                                X