• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

absolutely nothing
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Since the purpose of a winter beater is minimal investment for disposable transportation...not to mention you've already got a bunch of cool projects, I'd imagine a cleanup and repair of any annoying broken parts is the order of the day...?

If you did want to make it a little more fun for cheap...
      Used larger diameter sway bars + stiffer valved shocks
      Smaller diameter steering wheel to reduce lock-to-lock ratio
      Used wider wheels with wider rubber
      Used lower gear ratio swap with limited slip. (Limited slip more for traction with snow tires than anything else)

Also, I've had VERY good luck with Dave from OldSchoolEFI for stock style TBI tuning. He actually changes everything and can dramatically impact performance & feel on stock TBI vehicles.(not like off the shelf TBI "chips") Or he will be honest with you and tell you if he can't make a large enough impact to be worth the investment.
      His prices are reasonable and really knows the ins and outs of GM TBI tuning.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Old-School-EFi
      Last edited by andy30thz; May 15, 2018, 06:07 AM.

Comment

I'm an old guy. The terms "old school" and "EFI" simply don't fit in the same sentence in my noggin.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          I'm an old guy. The terms "old school" and "EFI" simply don't fit in the same sentence in my noggin.

Dan
          haha!! Touche Dan!
          Although...when you look at the complexity of todays injection with 8 injectors, in ports and directly into the combustion chamber...two tiny squirters on top of a dual bore throttle body in the same position as a carb...is definitely old school within that realm!

Interested to see this Box progress back to usable transportation! (if you flip the air cleaner lid, it will at least SOUND like you're doing something when you smack the go pedal)
          Last edited by andy30thz; May 15, 2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X