No announcement yet.

The Forgotten Fox Body, Turbo Lincoln Mark 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, since the weather is so nice, the spring clean up is done and, some other yard work is done. I decided to wash this bucket off. I also realize that I really need to put the other header panel on, it has the spring loaded Lincoln emblem on it. You know, street car things.

DSC_2317 by Jason, on Flickr

DSC_2304 by Jason, on Flickr

Comment

• Hey mister - your headers are on backwards! Looks like fun!

Dan

Comment

• Looks good, which Holley system did you get? I am installing a Terminator X on my coupe.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Hey mister - your headers are on backwards! Looks like fun!

Dan
          I thought they looked funny too but, I followed the instructions. I'll write the company a very strongly yet polite letter informing them of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
            Looks good, which Holley system did you get? I am installing a Terminator X on my coupe.
            I went with the HP, knowing that I really need a Dominator at some point. The HP will give me enough to get the car driving and when it comes time to look at more data, I'll upgrade to the Dominator. Hopefully, I don't go off adding sensors too soon.

Comment

• Yeah have been thinking about inputs, should be fine NA. If when I add boost I would like to have two additional inputs.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
                Yeah have been thinking about inputs, should be fine NA. If when I add boost I would like to have two additional inputs.
                I don't think you can enough inputs, the list of things I want to monitor down the line is ridiculous.

Comment

• Cool to see the car on the front page. Well deserved!

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    Cool to see the car on the front page. Well deserved!

Dan
                    Well snap, it is on the front page.

Comment

• Well, it looks like the turbo kit is going to be started potentially next week. What started off as looking to a friend for help on this whole TIG thing, ended with him skipping the learning thing straight to we're building a turbo kit. So, I ordered the flow meter to do back purging and grabbed some filler for stainless and aluminum.

Comment

• Isn't Great when a Rusty Iron Junkie Friend helps!! It's not Their Car or Money........
                        Lets Go Big Buddy!!! WE GOT THIS !!! LOL
                        But MOST of my projects never would have never past the Six Pack of Beers Chat Sessions without them, and THEIR HELP !!!
                        Gotta Love it !!

Comment

• This isn't much of an update as it more filler. I got a TIG not too long ago and all of my welds on stainless looked too hot. I noticed the holes in the collet were smaller than the ones in another collet so, I drilled them out. Things started to look better. A friend dropped off a gas lens and with no other changes, things were massively better. Though, I still want to get to a colorless weld and get the stacking thing down, I can see progress. Also, the stainless I am using is thoroughly cooked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-03-27.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	1266194

Comment

• It's Cooking Hot !!!
                            I can Smell The Bacon !!

Comment

• I added a touch of gas and the blue is gone until I move to slow.

I tried to make the merge and I'll say this. Don't try to use a compound miter saw to cut tubing at a 7.5* angle... It does not really work and you will not have a straight cut. Luckily, I only wasted some stainless that I got for free years ago.

Comment

• First time welding stainless tubing, tried a few ways of working the torch. Still far away from being good but, there may be some hope.

Name:	90918969_2651123171878716_303787469252329472_o.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	1266284

Name:	91402589_2651123111878722_3993038538269523968_o.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	1266285

Name:	90429661_2651123068545393_9112209555860750336_o.jpg