No announcement yet.

The Forgotten Fox Body, Turbo Lincoln Mark 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tubs, shock bar and box reinforcements are in.

46389723_351918365612093_3792664570015776768_n by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

46460787_190747181847812_4728601694013751296_n by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

2018-11-18 (1) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

2018-11-18 (2) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

2018-11-18 (3) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

2018-11-18 (4) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

2018-11-18 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

• So this excited me, I was able to find a pair of rear side lights. Needless to say, I installed them as soon as I could. The yard even sent the little stamped nuts to secure them and, the pig tails!

BCN_7533 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

• Out of curiosity, I toss a 325 under the car, to see how much room there is in the wheel well. Now, I think the car needs a 325 on it...all of the time. Now, I just need to figure out if a stock Fox Mustang width rear end will allow for that or not and, what backspacing would they require.

I have also been knocking off any of the old, loose undercoating and scale from the underside of the car then, coating those sections in POR15 and chassis paint.

BCN_7543 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

BCN_7539 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

BCN_7541 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

• Jason, I have a Turbo Coupe rear under my 'Stang and it's about 1 1/2" wider (~3/4" per side) than the Mustang rear. What I don't know is if that's any wider than the Cobra rear or if all the difference is because of the disc brakes. It's OK on my car ('88 LX convert) with the 13 hole wheels and I've run 15" drag radials though I forget the size (Russell now has them so he could post that info if it's helpful).

Dan

Comment

• 275/50/15
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Happy birthday to me!
              Racepak by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

• I fixed the broken grill so, that annoying hole is no longer in the front end!! Also, started the daunting task of wiring the car. I got the harness split up and ran to where I think/want the sections to go, put the fuse block in a place where its out of the way yet, easy (in theory) to get to and, got the switch panel wired into the fuse block.

BCN_7554 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

BCN_7558 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

BCN_7555 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

• Moving along!

Dan

Comment

• So, I started on sending power through all of the wires. I got the majority of the lights figured out. The rear harness still needs some time to sort out reverse and other lights. Once that is done, I can figure out the final routing and make all the connections permanent. I may also go ahead and wire in the fuel pumps and the intercooler pump while I am back there.

Comment

• Wouldn't you know it, I go to run and mount the harness going to the rear of the car and I run out of loom...Bah, gotta order more so I can finish up the electrical that I can do. Not to mention, loom the rest of the interior harness.

I may also want to make a bracket to brace the bottom of the fuse block to the firewall, in hopes of cutting down the vibrations.
                      BCN_7560 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

BCN_7563 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Also, loomed and mounted the headlight harness. I want to put a connector in, where it comes down the header and turns to the lights. That way, I can just unplug the nose and take it off if, I ever have to take it off. I also think I need to flip the one wire tab 180, so it matches the one that is upside down, going over the center part of the grille.
                      BCN_7565 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

BCN_7568 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

• Tonight, I worked on my CAD skills. Once I get the template made, I can do final routing and such for the electrical in the rear of the car.

BCN_7593 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

• I'm an attorney by day - this year, when everyone was tossing the desk calendars - I sent out a note to everyone to save theirs and bring them to me. Okay, I own the place, but no one was curious why.... they all knew about CAD.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            I'm an attorney by day - this year, when everyone was tossing the desk calendars - I sent out a note to everyone to save theirs and bring them to me. Okay, I own the place, but no one was curious why.... they all knew about CAD.
                            Desk calendars are EXCELLENT for CAD. Unfortunately, ME always grabs them for "future reference" (girl talk for keeping stuff 'till you can't remember why you kept it) so I have to make do.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Style
                              Well, I need to figure out how to wire the power windows into a car that has no power windows any more.
                              Welp, got them wired in but, the motors just hum. If I put power directly to them, they are slow to move but, they do move. I remember the windows didn't work when I got the car so, I think I need to rebuild the switches and ultimately get new window motors.

You may ask, why are power windows so important? BECAUSE STREET CAR! Eff a race car.

Comment

• I rebuilt and cleaned the switches. I was able to get one window to go down partially before it stopped...It is staying down because it refuses to go up. Other than that, there was no change. Both switches looked horrid inside so, I ordered replacements.

I did some digging, for a switch that looks similar and I found one. I just need to replace the toggley part with the one from the car in order to make them look correct. I'll order new motors later on, this has at least proved the wiring correct and puts the wiring as a hole, one step closer to being finished.

That said, relays and such come tomorrow, allowing me to wire up the intercooler pump and the fuel pump.

IMG_20190115_173731117[1] by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

IMG_20190115_174514516[1] by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

IMG_20190115_174558049[1] by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X