Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird.... yeah, workz now....

wench and snatch additions.... oh yeah, and wench carrier

under 'go figure' it's cheaper to buy a 25' jumper cable then 25' of same gauge wire

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• My trailer has trailer jacks near the back end - so you can stabilize the trailer while driving onto it. They work really well and with the quick release of a pin, you can remove them.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        That's - um - something. What kind of "something" is that?

Dan
        I googled French Fiberglass car and that popped up. Thought I'd take a wild guess at the clue SBG left on his FJ thread and maybe unlock the trailer thread at the same time.

(The weird car is a '63 Rene Bonnet Le Mans)
        Last edited by STINEY; January 9, 2020, 11:35 AM.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Interesting! I have an interest in weird European cars though I have no interest in owning one! My buddy Norm had a Sciata roadster when I met him. It had a SBC in it but was never finished at least during his ownership of the car. Anyhow, it interested me in weird European stuff.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            My trailer has trailer jacks near the back end - so you can stabilize the trailer while driving onto it. They work really well and with the quick release of a pin, you can remove them.
            mine tilts, that plus the Ford hubcaps and it's stable as can be

Comment

• the french fiberglass car's twin Renault Alpine.... rear engine think Porsche but plastic
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 9, 2020, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• I found your thread on building a car trailer.
                I already have a excellent 16 ft open car hauling trailer.
                But events happen, and strange things end up in front of your shop doors. A neighbor's sons were to make a old 30 ft camper disappear (scrap it). They cut up the body, scrapped the little bit of aluminium, sold the appliances, and left the frame.......for months.
                Pam then has them haul what's left of the frame to my place, famous Quote, "Your Handy, you can do something with it"
                Well it did Have A Title!! And I did need a longer trailer to haul my Toys.....
                SO THIS IS WHERE I HAVE BEEN WASTING MY TIME AND DRINKING MONEY!!

this is what was left at my place last year May. Click image for larger version

Name:	Effect_20200115_193425.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	1260106

Comment

• After sitting all summer in my woods, brought it up 1st week of November, removed the old wood and etc floor. (Going to have a nice brush pile fire in a couple weeks now that all the deer hunting season have closed). Then it behind the shop unit just after the Christmas Holidays.
                  ​​​​​​ Cut off 10 feet, now have 20 feet sucking up a entire bay in my shop. Click image for larger version

Name:	Effect_20200115_193747.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	884.6 KB
ID:	1260108

Comment

• And here's where I'm at, started just after the 1st. (The fender mounts are in, will reinstall after painting) Click image for larger version

Name:	Effect_20200115_194858.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1260110

Comment

• I have over built this trailer, cross members 1 foot on center, because I'm using 3/4" pressure treated plywood for the deck.
                      Had to move the axles up, bought new spring carriers, and most of the steel is repurposed Windmill frame that a storm wrecked a few years back. Only one original cross member was left in place, others had to be cut out and rewelded in, and the original cross members were reinforced.
                      . The reason for this insanity is I wanted a longer trailer to haul Jeep Soup and it's matching army trailer in one trip, both won't fit on the 16 ft trailer.
                      . Also made it full width, so I could haul my motorcycles sideways, plus another vehicleClick image for larger version

Name:	Effect_20200115_195650.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	986.1 KB
ID:	1260112

Comment

• Trailer Update.
                        Pix don't show how much work has been done.
                        A lot of cut, fit, cut again, weld, grind.....Repeat!!
                        And some "Not In The Shop Days", plow drive and road (I live on a Dead End private dirt road in Area BFE of Central Wisconsin), Family, Grand Kids...etc. And a Head Cold.

Yesterday finished the winch mount and spare bracket. Today is check for clean up welds, drilling more deck board holes. Then prep to primer, and paint Classic Black.
                        Open call for Artists, need help painting...LOL Click image for larger version

Name:	Effect_20200131_082614.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	1261411

Comment

• I live on the end of a private road as well (and plow when necessary) - funny thing is I have zero need to plow because all of our dailies are capable 4x4s.

Comment

• Gotcha,
                            About the same here. But if we get 6+",
                            I have to get at it. My plow rig is a 3 pt grader blade on the back of a Old Farm Tractor.
                            Anything over 6" builds quickly and over runs the blade, and have to make multiple passes as back blading will build too much and stall (wheel spin) the tractor.
                            Actually, leaving 2-3 inches gives you something to "Bite" into. If you plow level, it will ice up in the sun, and "Get the Sticks Out" !!
                            The Love of Country Living.
                            "Snows are in Inches"
                            "Storms are in Feet!!"

Comment

• One of many things I don't miss about living in Michigan. Though it gave me an excuse to have a IH (Mitsubishi) 3 cylinder Diesel tractor w/front end loader which was excellent for pulling engines.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                                One of many things I don't miss about living in Michigan. Though it gave me an excuse to have a IH (Mitsubishi) 3 cylinder Diesel tractor w/front end loader which was excellent for pulling engines.

Dan
                                tractors are fun, I highly recommend them

but why doesn't Stiney have tractors? of all the people who could recommend....

Comment

Working...
                                X