No announcement yet.

CarTrailer build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiney does has tractors.....I keeps them small at home and borrows the bigger ones “as needed”....Click image for larger version

Name:	w6v4nFm.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	1261528
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Nice Bolens Husky in the "Original Rust"
      This is one of my old tractors.
      A 1957 Fordson Major Diesel Click image for larger version

Name:	Effect_20200201_174457.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	939.5 KB
ID:	1261538

Comment

• And I have others.
        This one is a 1927 McCormick Deering 10-20 Click image for larger version

Name:	Effect_20200201_175402.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	730.1 KB
ID:	1261540

Comment

• I used to have a 1927 International S-24 "Speed Truck" that would have been perfect to go with that McCormick you've got there. Same color scheme and everything. Click image for larger version

Name:	int speed truck.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	1261653

Comment

• Very Nice IHC truck.
            in the background of the pix, is my '52 Ford F5 farm truck. I got the Disease Bad!! I have lots of old iron......

Comment

• 99% of all the welding and fab work is done.
              Being 25+ feet hitch ball to tail board,
              In a previous post, made me think, it might be a good idea to have stabilizing jacks on the rear to keep stress off the hitch while loading.
              Made me think once watching a guy using a Uhaul trailer loading a tractor at a auction.
              As he drove on, the rear of the trailer bottomed out on the grass, LIFTED the rear of the small pickup, and NOW the whole show is freight training down the small grade with the pickup rear axle in the air, ....nothing to stop it.
              So, I'm waiting for the Buster Brown Guy to bring me a pair of 6,500# screw style leveling jacks. Weld in some mounts and finish paint.

Comment

• Well 2+ weeks later, finally got the frame painting done last evening. Brush painted both the primer and the Classic Black as this is a 95% repurposed materials project, and wanted to maximize the paint adhesion to the old iron.

Today, start the lights and wiring. Click image for larger version

Name:	Effect_20200221_081054.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	1263206Click image for larger version

Name:	Effect_20200221_081233.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	1263207 u

Comment

• 3500# trailer? Looks beeeefy!

Comment

• I have 6,000 # plates on it now.
                    could easily go to 8 or 10,000 #,
                    But why pay those higher annual plate fees.
                    I have never been pulled over to check weights,
                    most Cops see a plate with current sticker, and nothing looks like it's going to fall off....
                    They are on to bigger fish to catch.

Comment

• A lot has been done since last post. And of course I always have 3-4 projects going at the same time, so the trailer sits for a few days.
                      lights and wiring is done. Winch mounted and wired. Last weekend had my Dad and Son out to help put the plywood floor on.

Comment

• I needed room to paint the fenders, hopefully the sealant will have cured so I can paint the 2 coats of Classic Black. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200305_172006.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	748.4 KB
ID:	1264414
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Here's the trailer outside. Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1297.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	887.8 KB
ID:	1264416Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1299.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	860.5 KB
ID:	1264417Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1297.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	887.8 KB
ID:	1264418

Comment

• Yesterday started sand blasting rims, getting New Tires for the Timber Cruiser (87 Samurai).
                            found a matching 6 hole rim for the trailer spare on a recent Parts Safari. Blasted it, and painted. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200307_190905.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	1264420
                            Last edited by Captain; March 8, 2020, 05:48 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• the purchase price of this trailer didn't include a tailgate.... it has one now

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Too bad you live so far away !!
                                I sure could borrow a trailer like that now and again !! AND I know where I could make all that scrap disappear !! (Local Cracker Heads over the county line want junk to sell as salvage to buy Red Man and a case of Beer)
                                ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X