CarTrailer build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Longer Trailer Project is DONE !
    It had to be on and off the burner as other Repairs on the Daily Drivers had to be done. Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1304.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	900.9 KB
ID:	1265634 Now I have a open shop to start a Major Clean Out. Unfortunately they cancelled the Spring Jefferson Swap Meet, where I had planned on this excess inventory to go and get Beer Money for the HRPT.... Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1305.jpg
Size:	857.4 KB
ID:	1265635

Comment

• motorcycle trailer rebuild
      as is expected from the east coast

cut apart

install new

thankfully this is just a weld job - a friend is painting it for me (us - we both are going to use it though technically it's mine)
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• That turned out very nice. Sweet trailer!

Originally posted by Captain View Post
        The Longer Trailer Project is DONE !
        It had to be on and off the burner as other Repairs on the Daily Drivers had to be done. Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1304.jpg
Size:	900.9 KB
ID:	1265634 Now I have a open shop to start a Major Clean Out. Unfortunately they cancelled the Spring Jefferson Swap Meet, where I had planned on this excess inventory to go and get Beer Money for the HRPT.... Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1305.jpg
Size:	857.4 KB
ID:	1265635
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Stiney, Thank You.

Buick Guy, nice find !! A little reinforcement, a Krylon paint job, ready to go to the track !!
          Last edited by Captain; April 15, 2020, 11:19 AM. Reason: Fix auto correct

Comment

• finishing

now off to a the other guy to paint it

Comment

• More better.

Dan

Comment

• It looks amazing, you did a very good job. I am also a big fan of doing all my things at home by my own. If something broke I will prefer to repair it with my hands. I am also planning to buy a car trailer but I do not yet know from to buy it and what kind. I think I should look more reviews, maybe I will find what type... ( I want to buy for my water bike.

Comment

• might as well update my trailer thread...
                  short cars require ramps... and I need to get the lift system finished... but ramps first

as usual, something slowed progress....

back at it

here we go....

probably mount them underneath - still need to decide how it hooks to the trailer... but closer

Comment

• I cheated and bought aluminum ramps for mine - big improvement for this ol' bod. Got them at "Ramps R Us" or something similar on the Interweb.

Dan
                    Last edited by DanStokes; April 5, 2021, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      I cheated and bought aluminum ramps for mine - big improvement for this ol' bod. Got them at "Ramps R Us" or something similar on the Interweb.

Dan
                      I have aluminum ramps but can't make myself cut them down (and, it would make loading my motorcycles a challenge)

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I have aluminum ramps but can't make myself cut them down (and, it would make loading my motorcycles a challenge)
                        Mine are 6' and I had to make the slots under the trailer deeper to slide them in which works great. SO worth the effort to make 'em fit.

Dan

Comment

• I am just thinking here, You know I can't do that too Often.......
                          Is this to haul your Corvette?
                          You Will NEED a long Ramp or the front of the car is going to catch Way before you even get close to the tire start getting on the ramp, and then it will "Possum Out"
                          ​​​​​​catch mid frame or the exhaust system as it over centers where the ramp meets the trailer.

Or Maybe I'm reading Too Much Into this Project.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Mine are 6' and I had to make the slots under the trailer deeper to slide them in which works great. SO worth the effort to make 'em fit.

Dan
                            I don't much - but the 44" is more then enough - between the tilting bed and the extensions - the Corvette will load just fine

Comment

• OH, I didn't know it was a Tilt Bed.
                              You have ALL The Cool Toys !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                                OH, I didn't know it was a Tilt Bed.
                                You have ALL The Cool Toys !!
                                no, I build all my cool toys.

Comment

Working...