Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

no, I build all my cool toys.
    Well , technically, you still have them .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post

Well , technically, you still have them .
      uh.....
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I've toyed with the idea of rebuilding my trailer so it would tilt but I should have done that before I had it powder coated. Maybe in my next life.....

Dan

Comment

• time for attaching the ramps

a couple brackets

and voila

still haven't decided where I'm storing them for transport but that's a later decision

Comment

• trailers.... lord what a pain
            somehow I lost one of the pins.... hopefully this will slow that happening again

fender not strong enough for wife's Jeep... check
            thankfully I have big hammers

I need to store the ramps.... thinking I might make them useful as a ramp

or just on top of the fenders

Comment

• so I checked the brakes.... seems I have high impedance air gap... one worked

the other 3 had breaks
              then onto fixing the lights

and install a tire carrier (along with mounting the ramps

Comment

• tire and ramp attached

Comment

• Hmmm, quick remove fenders??? That's a great idea. I'm using it on mine as I rebuild it this summer. That is assuming I get the axle sometime soon...
                  When I built mine, it was just big enough to fit a real Mini on. Now it needs to be bigger. And removable fenders makes sense for getting wider cars on without damaging the fenders.

Comment

• It's times and ideas like this why I like reading all these threads.I'mgoing to plaigerize a lot of good ideas. Now I need to go find some ideas for the whatever project....

Comment

• Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
                      It's times and ideas like this why I like reading all these threads.I'mgoing to plaigerize a lot of good ideas. Now I need to go find some ideas for the whatever project....
                      I love the tilt bed feature. My old reworked trailer continues to work great (it follows along behind like a happy little puppy) but any replacement will for sure have that feature. Probably in my next life........

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        so I checked the brakes.... seems I have high impedance air gap... one worked

the other 3 had breaks
                        then onto fixing the lights

and install a tire carrier (along with mounting the ramps
                        So why is it that trailer wiring only seems to last 3 years max? I've rewired my trailer about 8 times since I built it. I just don't get it...

Comment

• Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post

So why is it that trailer wiring only seems to last 3 years max? I've rewired my trailer about 8 times since I built it. I just don't get it...
                          This is the best explanation I've ever read to explain the problems of trailer wiring

Comment

Working...
                          X