No announcement yet.

1940 Ford Sedan - it's the wife's turn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice metal working progress, every little patch done well is a victory to be celebrated
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
      nice metal working progress, every little patch done well is a victory to be celebrated
      Thanks

Very True. I am doing my best to take it one step at a time...kinda tough when you occasionally have to think 30 steps and 60 parts ahead...hehehehe

Thinking of the long game and plans for A LOT of road miles is keeping me motivated. Still have two other cars in line after this one...I'll be busy for a while

Comment

On it's way to the body shop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	310.4 KB
ID:	1236580

Sooo....The wife mentioned something about having an old truck to make runs to the hardware store. Hmmm...I have my grandfather's old(?) 1984 Dodge stashed somewhere????

It has a slant six and 80,000 EASY miles on her. I don't think grandpa ever took it over 55 MPH...hehe. Plain Jane brown with a bench seat and AM radio! Got me thinking...I bet he would want me to put a turbo on that slant six...right...??? May have (3) projects after this one now!
        Last edited by BFXJason; March 12, 2019, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Derby guy put a 225 slant 6 -2 barrel in a 67 Imperial. (for awhile sub frame Imperials were allowed instead of banned like full framers)
          He ran 5;38 gears. Thing flew in the arena. Almost had it won, Got too hot and seized after running waterless 35 minutes..

In that vein, a good intake/carb and headers with a rowdy cam oughta scoooot.

Comment

Ya - those 225's are almost indestructible.

Comment

Whoot! Front page ink....

Comment

Jolly good show!
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                  Doght.... sorry, meant upper right. Sheesh, long week I guess.
                  Great Build Jason! as for you STINEY, my boot camp drill instructor would have had a field day with you LOL!
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Thanks everyone! That was certainly a surprise....to me and HER!

Comment

• My buddy is making progress on the body.

Getting the lower rear quarter panel and inner fenderwell on the passenger side patched up.

Name:	
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	1238685

Name:	
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1238686

Name:	
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1238687

I knew the rear fenders had "some" work done, but WOW! I've said it before, it would be interesting to know the story behind some of this...

Good thing I have another set of fenders that are solid in this area.

Name:	
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	1238688

Name:	
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	1238689

The old girl certainly needs a lot of attention...can't wait to see what the driver's side brings!

In the meantime I am gathering parts...got the brake pedal assembly and master cylinders (Wilwood) and gas pedal from Chassis Engineering. When the car comes back from the body shop I plan to get all the brackets made and these mocked up. I want to get all the welding and work done on the firewall so the next round of body shop adventures will be the last!

Name:	
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	1238690
                        Last edited by BFXJason; March 28, 2019, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• Making some progress on the rear fender...

Name:	
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	1239302

Name:	
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	1239303
                          Last edited by BFXJason; April 3, 2019, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• Well, it's back from the body shop...part 2. I still have a few things to do before I take it off the chassis, but we wanted to get the critical parts done while it was still bolted together. I plan on taking body back once I am done with it. For now, the "new" panels are welded and leaded. We also aligned the doors.

The driver side was a major portion of this job. It looks like very early on it was hit hard right behind the door. A "patch panel" was brazed in, and leaded. On the inside the overlap was covered in thick undercoating tar, so you could not see it. the only way he could tell was the curvature of the door would not line up. He started digging and found the lead, then uncovered the "tar" on the inside. Again, if this thing could talk...

Name:	
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1240950

Name:	
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	1240951

Name:	
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	1240952

Name:	
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1240953
                            Last edited by BFXJason; April 22, 2019, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Progress.......don'tcha love it?!!
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Yep...doing my best not to get overwhelmed. This is not the biggest project, but I'm trying to crunch it with a deadline. Probably not the best approach.

Dad's Falcon was a big undertaking...now that the weather is getting better maybe taking it out for a "romp" would help
                                Last edited by BFXJason; April 23, 2019, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X