1940 Ford Sedan - it's the wife's turn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That looks great.
    1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
    1997 Mustang GT
    sigpic

Comment

• Jason, I used the Lokar ATS6AODBM, 15" handle. I'm pretty sure this kit is very similar to kits for other transmissions. If nothing else, give 'em a call.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Thanks!

Ed - I was looking at something very similar from Lokar, but the floor mount? I'll be watching to see how yours works out .

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!

The wife told me last night she pasted on a recent purchase. When I asked her why she said "We need car parts." I think she's a keeper

Jason

Comment

• I know they're called fat fendered, but that right rear was rather THICK! Nice job on the repair!!
          Robert

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

• Originally posted by MP&C View Post
            I know they're called fat fendered, but that right rear was rather THICK! Nice job on the repair!!
            Ya - it was pretty bad. Unfortunately we have uncovered a lot of "old" repairs. Someone sure liked the Bondo. On the driver side it looks like they applied a thick layer of it around the wheel-well, then while it was still soft, bolted up the fender to "form" it properly....!

I can't take credit for the repairs, a good friend and body man is handling all that for me. He is fixing most of it with lead...I'm really impressed with his work.
            Last edited by BFXJason; April 23, 2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Jason, the shifter mounts directly to the transmission, You just need a hole in the floor.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Gotcha - thanks Ed!

Comment

• OK - I know I am doing things a little out of order, but I'll need this soon. Got it from Monster Transmission and it looks like everything is there, including the cables and linkage. Even included transmission fluid, trans mount, trans cooler, flexplate, hardware and engine plate. Love getting new parts!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1241634

Name:	
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	1241635
                  Last edited by BFXJason; April 30, 2019, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Not too much to update...it's spring in Ohio so outside chores are taking priority! I did make a little progress. Since the only tool tray available is for a coupe, and the sedan tray is "bigger", there was a big gap between the new pan and frame.

Name:	
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	1243704

Since this was a mounting point, I came up with a brace with some 1.5"X1.5" square tubing. It just so happens the frame is 1.5" at the top and I had the tubing laying around the shop...score!

Name:	
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	1243705

I'll box in some of the frame to make this area stronger once I get it blaster. It will be needed for the trailer hitch receiver as well.

Name:	
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	1243706

Next step is to build a cart for the body. I could make something out of wood, but I like to complicate things... Also I want to remove the rear side windows before it comes off the frame. That should make the body ready for media blasting...even though that will be a ways off. I want to get on the chassis!
                    Last edited by BFXJason; May 22, 2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Sounds and looks familiar. Keep it up!
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Ya! History repeating itself!!!

Thanks!

Comment

• Well - I feel like we took a significant step over the weekend!

Had to make some "equipment" first....

Name:	
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	1245376

Name:	
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	1245377

Ready for the transformation....

Name:	
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	1245378

Name:	
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	1245379

...and we have lift-off!

Name:	
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	1245380

Transfer complete! The wife was pretty excited.

Name:	
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	1245381

The frame will be the focus for a while. Looks like I have some repairs to do, but once I remove a few things and clean it up a little it's off to sandblasting...

Name:	
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	1245382Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	1245383
                          Last edited by BFXJason; June 10, 2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Well, the chassis is back form the blaster, primed, and fixed to my homemade jig. It seems to be very straight (thankfully)! The only thing a little out of "wack" is the rear crossmember, but that will get corrected when I notch the frame.

Name:	
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	1247826

First order was to cut out some of the bad and start repairs...

Name:	
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	1247827

Name:	
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	1247828

Name:	
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	1247829

Name:	
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	1247830

Name:	
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	1247831

The rearend will need to be narrowed, but for now it is mocked into place so I can figure out the rest of the driveline and suspension. It's great to see it starting(?) to come together!

Name:	
Size:	263.6 KB
ID:	1247833

Name:	
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	1247834

Name:	
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	1247835
                            Last edited by BFXJason; July 9, 2019, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• Gonna need to make some tweaks to the crossmember, moving the hoop up 2" to give more ground clearance. No big deal, the chassis shop, is already on the job! Great to work with good people!

Name:	
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	1248280

Name:	
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	1248282
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by BFXJason; July 17, 2019, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Looking pretty good. How far is the hoop below the frame?
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                                X