X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great, all comments are right on!
    AND, if you weld something up, Didn't go well,
    It's NOT A MISTAKE! ...they are "EXPERIMENTS"!!,
    have a seat in the "Thinking Chair" have a refreshing drink (And you all think it's just BEER, I have coffee too......OK, sometimes with a little Bourbon for taste..)
    And Don't throw away the "Experiments", I have repurposed those into so many other projects, even too cut out some steel so I don't cut into a New Sheet.......
    love looking at the posts of these builds, it like
    "Being On The Patch" to keep me with in my Spending Limits and finish the one's I already have.

Comment

• Yep - I don't throw away any "leftovers" or "experiments". I have a welding/grinding/painting room...and it's a disaster!

I do have a thinking chair...sometimes it's a creeper under the car...just need to careful not fall asleep for too long! hehehe

Comment

• Bob Ross put it best: "There are no mistakes, just happy accidents."

Comment

• Bob Ross likely never windowed a block...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Bob Ross likely never windowed a block...
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• i laughed my fat @ss off at this one...........................................

Click image for larger version

Name:	shatner.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	1264926

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Bob Ross likely never windowed a block...
                Not sure on that one. Maybe he was a secret car guy? And if he DID window a block he could just paint a happy new one.

Dan

Comment

• Somehow I see Bob Ross cruising around in a lime green Mopar....????

FINALLY finished the floor! Well...almost. Need to finish welding some of the panels but all the parts are made! The piece over the shifter is removable with Dzus fasteners...just in case I need to get to it..and it will make the install easier...

Name:	IMG_7321cp.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	1265113

Name:	IMG_7322cp.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	1265114

Name:	IMG_7324cp.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	1265115

Name:	IMG_7328cp.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	1265116

Now it's on to the firewall...moving forward...literally!

Name:	IMG_7330cp.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	1265117

Comment

• Quick history of Bob Ross, he was a drill insructor who realize he did not need to be so "mean" thus he swore to always be happy...

Comment

• All that shiny new tin,
                      looks like the interior of Space X

Comment

• Ya - we fit the front seat several times to get it just right for the both of us. Once it was in I was shocked how much room we had, both the front AND back. The dogs will have plenty of room!

Comment

• Those older cars were roomy. Folks valued interior space (I suppose as a reaction to the Model T and Model A) and Detroit gave it to them. They started with a much taller body shell than is made today and women could sit up like ladies and the men like gentlemen.

Dan

Comment

• Plus they made room for their hats.........
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                              Plus they made room for their hats.........

Hmm - that gives me an idea....

Comment

• Getting work done during quarantine!

The floor I bought was not an original replacement, so I needed to make up some new body mounts for the X brace. Before I welded up the trans tunnel and worked inside the car, I figured I should get this done.

It is REALLY solid now!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7376cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	220.2 KB ID:	1266783Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7378cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	198.0 KB ID:	1266784Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7382cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	894.1 KB ID:	1266785Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7385cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.2 KB ID:	1266786

The heater looks rough, but the core looks to be in good shape. It's now mounted in the right spot (?). Made up the brake lines from the master cylinders to the firewall.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7340cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	290.9 KB ID:	1266787

I am doing my best to keep the firewall "clean", and move as much as I can to the sides. Re-directed the heater lines using some 1/2" copper tubing and -10AN compression fittings. I'll have the radiator shop finish it up when they check the core.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7337cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	243.4 KB ID:	1266788

Outlet / Inlet for the heater lines.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7345cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.7 KB ID:	1266789

Brake light switch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7398cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.3 KB ID:	1266790

Added an extra brace to the pedal assembly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7397cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	232.8 KB ID:	1266791

Another effort to keep the firewall clean. Made up this inner panel with studs for the fuse block.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PYQA6047cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	241.3 KB ID:	1266792

Plugging holes and bulkheads for the brake lines and wiring.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7392cp2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	212.9 KB ID:	1266794

It's a tight fit but it works!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7390cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	263.1 KB ID:	1266793

While I'm waiting on some wiper parts, I decided to start assembly on the dash. I'll need to put it together for mock up making sure nothing interferes with the new parts on the firewall. She picked out the gauges and I have to say she did a great job!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7409cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	207.7 KB ID:	1266795
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7408cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	232.9 KB ID:	1266796

Got the new center section in last night. Rebuilt 31 spline posi with new 3.70 gears. should move it down the road just fine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7413cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	217.3 KB ID:	1266797
                                All I have for now...hopefully my parts show up over the next few days...but a good time to exercise patience...
                                Last edited by BFXJason; April 2, 2020, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X