Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Very nice!

Comment

• It is not done, but she is on the road!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0213cp.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	955.0 KB
ID:	1323974 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0216cp.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	981.9 KB
ID:	1323975 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0217cp.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	922.6 KB
ID:	1323976

Name:	JYAD4312cp.jpg
Size:	563.4 KB
ID:	1323977
      I REALLY like the stance, but unfortunately it is too low for practical use if we intend to drive this car around the country. (I bought extra "chins" just in case)

Name:	IMG_0219cp.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	601.7 KB
ID:	1323978

We thrashed to make it happen, but made it to our first car show. Happy Wife...Happy Life

Name:	IMG_0232cp.jpg
Size:	763.9 KB
ID:	1323979

Not bragging....but I am impressed on how well it drives. Yes - there are some things to address, but it rides and steers very well. Hoping to get the interior done this winter. For now the plan is to drive it, find all the little bugs, and get them ironed out before next spring.

Comment

• Outstanding. You do quality work and it shows.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Thank you! I've never built anything this "complete". All my other cars have passed on creature comforts just to be rowdy, obnoxious and go fast in a straight line. We've put 70 miles on the car and I really enjoy it...even with all the bugs. I cheated and bought some spring boosters just to raise the front end a bit for now. It raised the nose 1 3/4". I don't think it looks bad at all and I don't have to worry about tearing up the chin. I have new springs and will put them in this winter...

Name:	IMG_0267cp.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	835.7 KB
ID:	1324707 .

Comment

• BEAUTIFUL.......
            Love That Color !!!!
            I don't have ALL the Talents to Build
            A Quality Build like that......
            Hope she lets you drive it once in awhile

Comment

• Originally posted by BFXJason View Post
              Thank you! I've never built anything this "complete". All my other cars have passed on creature comforts just to be rowdy, obnoxious and go fast in a straight line. We've put 70 miles on the car and I really enjoy it...even with all the bugs. .
              The tl;dr is she civilized you.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                BEAUTIFUL.......
                Love That Color !!!!
                I don't have ALL the Talents to Build
                A Quality Build like that......
                Hope she lets you drive it once in awhile
                Thank you.

She picked the color 100% So far, she has only driven it around the driveway. She is waiting for me to work out all the bugs, and that list is getting long...

This winter I'll be taking much of it back apart to take care of that list. Other than the interior, many of the items are small, but I've been pretty determined to make this build right. So I'm not sure if it is talent, or just stubborness! hehehe

Besides, what else is there to do with a foot of snow on the ground....???

Comment

• Originally posted by BFXJason View Post

Thank you.

She picked the color 100% So far, she has only driven it around the driveway. She is waiting for me to work out all the bugs, and that list is getting long...

This winter I'll be taking much of it back apart to take care of that list. Other than the interior, many of the items are small, but I've been pretty determined to make this build right. So I'm not sure if it is talent, or just stubborness! hehehe

Besides, what else is there to do with a foot of snow on the ground....???
                  My Mom said she and I were "stubborn". I said we had "tenacity". Take your pick.

Comment

• Perseverance.
                    Last edited by oletrux4evr; August 23, 2022, 08:00 PM.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                      perseverance.
                      sisu
                      Last edited by Captain; August 24, 2022, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Well,
                        It WON'T CAPITALIZE THE WORD !!!
                        Tried Edit Three Times........LOL
                        SISU

Comment

• There .......

Comment

• Its been a while since I have posted any updates, but we were busy putting some miles on the '40. It drives REALLY well. At 70 MPH it runs about 2000 RPM and is smooth and stable. We have almost 700 miles on it, but the weather has changed and it's time to fix and finish some things. (I have a long list!)

We got a new addition to the shop that will definitely make things easier!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0363.jpg cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	507.1 KB ID:	1329586

Side glass is installed. For the first time I have a heater in an old car...the windows make it much more efficient! hehehe

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0427.jpg cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	872.5 KB ID:	1329587

Cruising at night...she really likes her gauges! We installed the speakers for her radio...and it has all the features of a new car. The hands free feature for the phone works good even cruising down the highway with the windows down.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0431.jpg Views:	0 Size:	186.6 KB ID:	1329588

Important needs! Had to make some cupholders...these actually have a remote to control the lights??? Crazy....

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0517.jpg cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	389.7 KB ID:	1329589

First show with the Falcon and '40.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0413.jpg cp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	1329590

This makes it all worth it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0430.jpg Views:	0 Size:	352.2 KB ID:	1329591

The interior shop is almost a year out so we are going to tackle as much of that as we can with the help of family and friends. The fix part will involve removing the front sheet metal, rearend, engine and trans...so no big deal...

Gonna be a busy winter...we are considering the Hot Rod Power Tour next year...
                            Last edited by BFXJason; December 2, 2022, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• Love the smiling bride pic! I'll do a lot to put a smile on mine.

Comment

• I could not agree more!

So under the "fix" column, I needed to look at the rear springs and shocks. Now these units are over 25 years old, and I knew the bushings needed replaced, but when I took them out of the car they just fell apart.

Name:	IMG_0557cp.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	1329747

I also noticed the springs were almost collapsed. I ended up with a new pair of springs and a little higher rate which is actually what it needs. Both of the springs are 10", but the old ones are 1/2 short. Sounds like it was the right move.

Name:	IMG_0556cp.jpg
Size:	430.4 KB
ID:	1329748

I also have the rear-end apart. The yoke was leaking fluid passed the splines??? It was also making a horrible wine under "coast" conditions. We'll get that dialed in....

Name:	69178022919__677CD8DC-3A19-412B-94A6-4A7CB565B636 (2)cp.jpg
Size:	488.0 KB
ID:	1329749

Under the "finish" column, I started on the rear seat with the help of a good friend. (Me and woodworking do NOT get along!)
                                Here is the base and the upright section.

Name:	IMG_0551cp.jpg
Size:	702.5 KB
ID:	1329750

4" High density foam...It is actually very comfortable even without the upholstery!

Name:	IMG_0552cp.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	594.1 KB
ID:	1329751

Comment

Working...
                                X