No announcement yet.

Milner351's 5 window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I scored a brand new still in plastic in the box Lokar shifter that I'm going to put in this car - $60!!! The TCI unit that's in the car now not only looks out of place, it's simply frustrating to use... that will be up for sale once I make the swap - the previous owner never bothered to hook up a kick down cable, so I'll do that "while I'm in there"
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
      so I'll do that "while I'm in there"
      Famous last words before the snowball starts! LOL!

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Free Thread Bump for insertion of Val-Style Headlight Modification Images.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Thanks for finding this - I've got a new coil over rear set up for this thing, a pair of stainless sanderson block hugger headers, and a pertronix ready to run distributor..... now I just need some time to work on it! We've been 110% into rehab / rental house work for the better part of the last couple years... plus coaching basketball and baseball, life happens.

Comment

He's alive!

Comment

SO! I still have it - it hasn't run in over a year - the old dual point has given up the ghost - I have a pertronix ready to run in a box waiting to be installed.

Buyers remorse? A little - one of those always wanted one, then figured out I feel like baby Huey trying to drive it.

As I catch up on life, several house remodeling projects (our own and our rental properties - sometimes both at the same time) and keeping up with our 10.5 year old son, most of my shop projects have gone idle.

It will live again - I hope to carve out some time to at least get the distributor installed, ballast resistor removed, and put a few miles on it.

Comment

SO! I still have it - it hasn't run in over a year - the old dual point has given up the ghost
                My retired neighbor who is also a cousin of mine restores old special distributors and does a fantastic job on them. He even dials them in on an old Sun Machine. If that interests you I can put you in touch with him.

Comment

That would be cool from a nostalgia point of view - I'm still mad at my Father in law for not saving me one of his sun distributor machines.... anyway - I have a new pertronix ready to run distributor - just need to get it installed.

Comment

That would be cool from a nostalgia point of view - I'm still mad at my Father in law for not saving me one of his sun distributor machines.... anyway - I have a new pertronix ready to run distributor - just need to get it installed.
                    Those old Sun machines were excellent. I did many a distributor cal on the one at Chevy's emissions lab at GMPG when I worked there.

Dan

Comment

Stiney - if you're email address hasn't changed - you have a note with my contact info, I would like to talk to that distributor guru - particularly about the FE stuff.

Comment

Roger that. I'll get you two together soon.

Comment

Well Boys - this one is going on down the road to a new owner in Nebraska - I'll be taking it out there when I pick up the new body for a Shell Valley Cobra kit car I picked up at too good of a deal to pass up - more to come on that one.

Comment

Dan

Comment

Well Boys - this one is going on down the road to a new owner in Nebraska - I'll be taking it out there when I pick up the new body for a Shell Valley Cobra kit car I picked up at too good of a deal to pass up - more to come on that one.
                              Oh please tell me it went for a price I couldn't afford...........
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Ed - If that makes you feel better!!!

I will tell you that I didn't lose on it - and I will keep lots of the parts I bought to put on this car, to use for another project down the road.
                                Lee and I enjoyed taking it to the woodward dream cruise the one and only time I had a reserved parking spot in a Ford employee area, and I also picked him up on the last day of school in this car. Good memories I will cherish forever.

I have to admit this one was a bit of an impulse purchase, and in all reality - I'd be allot better off with an un-chopped - or very mildly chopped - tudor or sedan where I can move the driver seat back and get more room.... and be able to carry more than one passenger.... probably with an inline 6 300 and a stretched front end.... just becuase

Comment

Working...
                                X