No announcement yet.

1967 Jeepster Commando - The Kaiser Commando C-101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this version. Same song, better video. Thanks Dan!

Apologies to anyone seeing their Mom dancing to Jeepster.
    Last edited by STINEY; September 5, 2018, 11:23 AM.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

oh mom, you were such a swinger.... oh wait, that's Stiney's mom.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
        I like this version. Same song, better video. Thanks Dan!

Apologies to anyone seeing their Mom dancing to Jeepster.
        If my guess is right, any offending Moms would have to be in England at that time. I had started my second marriage by then.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          oh mom, you were such a swinger.... oh wait, that's Stiney's mom.
          Nah.....Mom was into Belly Dancing in the 70’s, not disco.

Comment

Dropped the boys off to run X-C last evening, spent the next hour tackling the roof of the Commando.

Yeah I was holding out on sharing the damage. Tree had fallen on the thing. Thought I could work with it though, so used it as a bargaining chip.

As found.

Click image for larger version

Name:	zSjmTPt.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	1214657

Name:	cHCCP3o.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	1214658

Comment

I have been looking at the creases and studying the order of damage over the last couple of weeks. There will need to be some shrinking done, especially around that now-reversed curve at the rear of the roof. Simply too much movement and stretching happened.

Got out my cheap PORT-O-POWER, some blocks of wood, large crescent wrenches, channel locks, rubber mallet and went to work.

Click image for larger version  Name:	37Vl6Ft.jpg Views:	1 Size:	202.0 KB ID:	1214662

Click image for larger version  Name:	2fvVzdI.jpg Views:	1 Size:	177.5 KB ID:	1214663
              Last edited by STINEY; September 6, 2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

And an hour later was rewarded with this. Not done, need another hour with the torch to shrink down the stretched metal at the rear.

Name:	FVLfBZu.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	1214666

Name:	IizDn1l.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	1214668
                Attached Files

Comment

Same cheap Port-o-Power I have (actually I have both the big one and the little one though mostly I use the little guy). For a home shop it works great. You done good with it!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Nah.....Mom was into Belly Dancing in the 70’s, not disco.
                    belly-dancing Amish? whoa, there's mental image.

Comment

Fantastic work, more proof that a half hour here and there, with the proper motivation, some experience, and a bit of luck, and you can pretty much "unf__k" just about anything.
                      Well done buddy! (your flotation tires are stored indoors waiting for you to come buy the boat)
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                        Well done buddy! (your flotation tires are stored indoors waiting for you to come by the boat)
                        Fixed it for ya. And thanks! I'll take luck over skill anyday.

Comment

We've had 12 inches of rain, the ground is saturated, and parking for the concert is on a perfectly mowed soccer field....the rain continues....I hope that the promoter has good insurance to cover damages...outdoor concert....rain or shine....
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	267.0 KB ID:	1215680Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	285.2 KB ID:	1215681

Pressure-washed yesterday............inside and outside, topside and bottomside. Yuck.

Not sure it looks much different. Smells different.

Last edited by STINEY; September 17, 2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Did you wash it? there seems to be more holes then before....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                                Did you wash it? there seems to be more holes then before....
                                We've all been there....right?
                                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                                X