'78 Buick Regal Sport Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    I thought I replied with a message? I never have quite got the hang of the "new" PM part of this software.......
    Yep, you done good (as we say in NC). Reply sent.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
      If you want to watch CL - San Diego/nearby areas, up to L.A. or so and ...possibly... east to Phoenix as we go there periodically, I could probably help out (such as pickup, pallet, ship). Shipping's probably about $400 though, estimates can be gotten online.

Looking today all I find is later stuff:

Click image for larger version  Name:	buick regal quarters.JPG Views:	1 Size:	30.9 KB ID:	1243717

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...860271267.html

This guy has a lot of stuff also but doesn't mention quarters, you'd have to ask him: https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...860274229.html
      Those won't work, the body changed dramatically in 1981 through the end, however they might have some of the older body style floating around. I've seen one or two on Craigslist here in the Bay Area.
      Last edited by CTX-SLPR; May 25, 2019, 04:16 PM.
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• My plan is to head out there tomorrow barring some weird event. I'll let you know what's up.

Dan

Comment

• Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• OK. Here's the pics of 3 candidates.

First one. Note a little rust in the lower corner right behind the wheel. The rest looks good except a small dent right beside the trunk opening.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1979.jpg Views:	1 Size:	517.6 KB ID:	1244352
              Same car different view: (see the dent?)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1980.jpg Views:	1 Size:	364.7 KB ID:	1244353
              And from the rear. Lights look OK but the bumper is iffy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1981.jpg Views:	1 Size:	288.3 KB ID:	1244354

Candidate #2:

This one has some mud and/or moss caked on it but it seems a bit better than #1. Still a small hole in the same spot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1982.jpg Views:	1 Size:	545.8 KB ID:	1244355

From the rear. Bumper also not so good. The corner light looked OK but more of that crud on it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1983.jpg Views:	1 Size:	455.5 KB ID:	1244356
              And straight on from the rear: Bad lamp but we can take that from #1.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1984.jpg Views:	1 Size:	394.1 KB ID:	1244357
              Candidate #3. Not sure if these bits fit as it a later model (he thought it was an '81) but I think the 1/4 is the same except the end cap - you'll need to verify that. This 1/4 looks solid all the way though the paint is a mess (but so what?). You'll need the lights and end cap from one of the others, obviously.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1985.jpg Views:	1 Size:	402.1 KB ID:	1244358
              This one had a decent bumper though I don't know if it'll fit - seems like it might.. Note that all of them are missing the rubber between the bumper and the body - don't know if those are repoped.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1986.jpg Views:	1 Size:	349.1 KB ID:	1244359

I tried to get a price out of him and I suggested $100. He countered with $150 and when I suggested that that would include the lights, bumper, lower back panel, etc. he said we can talk about that. We swapped racing stories (he couldn't understand why you would race w/o money or at least a trophy on the line) and I saw we were developing a rapport so maybe we can hit a deal. I think $150 for all the stuff would be fair.

So that's what I found....

Dan
              Last edited by DanStokes; May 28, 2019, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Will thanks you very much for taking the time to check them out and inquire for us, and the pictures. Of course, so do I. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

The 3rd one we can eliminate. It’s the ‘81-83 or maybe later body.....of course the redesign was most radical in the quarters and trunk line, so everything back there is very different.

Are those being guarded by Groot? What is the tree bark stuff growing on ‘em? I assume it comes off easy enough, but it is sure different from our moss.

I have a few leads to follow up on. Will keep you posted for certain.

Thank you again, very much.
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• ME says it's lichen. I said "I'm not lichen it at all!" Of course I WOULD say that. It'll come off. Bummer that the later 1/4 won't work - it's the best of the bunch.

Lemmie know what you want to do.

Dan

Comment

• Forgot to mention - this yard has some STUFF! Mostly OLD STUFF! I mean, like Interesting Project kind of stuff. If I ever get caught up on my current projects I may have to head out that way and make a selection. I'll see if I can attach his Craigslist entry with pics of a few of the interesting items.

EDIT: Here's the link:

Dan
                    Last edited by DanStokes; May 29, 2019, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• A Scout?! With fenders!

I may come down there just for that! Amazing....

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                        A Scout?! With fenders!

I may come down there just for that! Amazing....
                        And there's a LOT more than that! Love to have you - come on down.

Dan

Comment

• For the "other" Regal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BBZaeSd.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	291.2 KB
ID:	1248288

Name:	GGOwO86.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	274.5 KB
ID:	1248287

Comment

• The "Other Regal"

Name:	ujrsexB.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	1248359

Name:	DYwbk5o.jpg
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	1248360

Name:	rOUpkU9.jpg
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	1248363

Name:	cAhidHd.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	1248364

Name:	5t8rDzr.jpg
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	1248362

Attached Files

Comment

• now roll a Jeep frame under there and you'll be stylin'
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Wouldn't be losing any stiffness.

Comment

Working...
                                X