No announcement yet.

'78 Buick Regal Sport Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needs a spot of oil.. Virgin door, virgin driver..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Needs a spot of oil.. Virgin door, virgin driver..
      You need glasses AND hearing aids DB...did you miss that grand canyon sized crack?
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post

You need glasses AND hearing aids DB...did you miss that grand canyon sized crack?
        that's seam sealer, why GM put it on there is only something they know.... but it eventually gets brittle and cracks.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

that's seam sealer, why GM put it on there is only something they know.... but it eventually gets brittle and cracks.
          Hmm, upon further analysis it seems you're right.......

My Cutlass cracked in that area, my Olds rotted there....F the rust belt.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post

Hmm, upon further analysis it seems you're right.......

My Cutlass cracked in that area, my Olds rotted there....F the rust belt.
            and then you bought a Mopar..... some folks you just can't reach.

Comment

Without it, water gets in the cowl lower a pillar area.
              Water runs down the glass trim and blown onto and over the upper hinge. water finds away.
              Remove old cracked and reseal.
              I go one step over that, when I do hinge pins if I remove the hinge, and put o rings on the hinge around the bolt holes and use spray gasket tact to keep them there until you adjust the hinge. and a light grease on the o-ring side that will be moving around on the pillar while adjusting.
              unless the car isn't going to see rain. not a bad idea if you dig that deep.
              Last edited by Eric; October 11, 2018, 05:40 AM.

Comment

it's true....sad...but true..

Comment

hey!!! i resemble that remark.

i mean, just because MOPAR is an acronym and
                  stands for "mosta our people are reet@hded"
                  aint no reason to be teasin us all........

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

hey!!! i resemble that remark.

i mean, just because MOPAR is an acronym and
                    stands for "mosta our people are reet@hded"
                    aint no reason to be teasin us all........
                    MOPAR = More Old Parts And Rust.

Comment

In my Skyhawk, it was the carb that killed the motor. One side got plugged, ran lean for just a little bit and poof - no mosquitos for 300 miles around Reno.
                      Do you believe that an Air-Fuel gauge would have helped prevent that incident?

Of course one has to look at it to react, but how long is just a little bit and poof?

My 225 Buick Special had one side of its 2 barrel partially plug with a flake of crud. It was immediately noticable.

You are scaring me here Smalls.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

as long as your AF sensor is on the correct bank, you should be fine. Have I mentioned you really need to follow the blueprint by CTX? make your motor run right, but build its replacement while it's still running.

Just a week or two ago, I could have picked up a 2000 Camaro with 5 speed for $400 (running).... there should be those in abundance where you live that are rusted beyond redemption and unloved because V6....

Comment

as long as your AF sensor is on the correct bank, you should be fine. Have I mentioned you really need to follow the blueprint by CTX? make your motor run right, but build its replacement while it's still running.

Just a week or two ago, I could have picked up a 2000 Camaro with 5 speed for $400 (running).... there should be those in abundance where you live that are rusted beyond redemption and unloved because V6....
                          I was thinking of putting the O2 in the downpipe before the converter - - closer to the manifold. Should get a good read on both banks to warn of something changing. Less for diagnosis and more of an alarm.

I have read and reread the CTX blueprint. To the point that I am keeping an eye peeled for a donor vehicle. Of course the Regal can take any engine out there, but it just seems wrong to put anything but a turbo V6 in it.

Now on that 2000 Camaro thought - what exactly would you use from a 2000 V6 5-speed camaro? Whole drivetrain swap? I was seeing those as just 5-speed donors......what are you suggesting?

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

I was thinking of putting the O2 in the downpipe before the converter - - closer to the manifold. Should get a good read on both banks to warn of something changing. Less for diagnosis and more of an alarm.

I have read and reread the CTX blueprint. To the point that I am keeping an eye peeled for a donor vehicle. Of course the Regal can take any engine out there, but it just seems wrong to put anything but a turbo V6 in it.

Now on that 2000 Camaro thought - what exactly would you use from a 2000 V6 5-speed camaro? Whole drivetrain swap? I was seeing those as just 5-speed donors......what are you suggesting?

for the Camaro, I'd use every inch of its powertrain including the rear end....

Comment

I disagree I feel it would be wrong NA but number of cylinders or engine type are not important.

I can see anything from a 2.0L Ecotec to a 6.2 LS motor. All with 30 lbs of boost 0

but I also think kids don't need fast cars.
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X