No announcement yet.

'78 Buick Regal Sport Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow - amazing how quickly you've been able to source replacement parts! Well done!
    It will live again.
    We can rebuild it, it will be stronger, faster,.....
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• The hard part will be those quarters of course. I'm chicken , I would have started in the back as to lower my wallets exposure if fixing them didn't work out . I have chained a S10 S10 4x4 yo a tree and used a high lift jack to push the passenger side frame in front of the wheel on the front in and up . But your on another level . Good luck !
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Glad the boys are ok. When I tried to pull the supercoupe out with a come along I had trouble with it dragging the car. Once I chained the truck to the car to help the dragging the metal start to tear instead of bending back. Have a good way to attach is important.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

• I've used a 1/4" thick formed channel frame of a 3 axle equipment hauler for a frame rack..
          Block up, chaindown then jack er straight.
          When a horn needed to come dwn, blocked it at the bend, chain it same distance each way from the blocks.. I used binders and a helper bar..

Comment

• Made a run to Midland Michigan. Found this in the backwoods. Might have been premature, but the price was right and I didn't want it to get away. Also have a lead on a sorta complete car in Pennsylvania, possible quarter donor?

Click image for larger version  Name:	1ODEvBd.jpg Views:	1 Size:	261.0 KB ID:	1242808
            Last edited by STINEY; May 13, 2019, 07:25 AM.
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              wow - amazing how quickly you've been able to source replacement parts! Well done!
              It will live again.
              We can rebuild it, it will be stronger, faster,.....
              Now I have that Six-Million Dollar Man "fast running" sound in my head. Not that that is a bad thing - I think. I can pretend all day now.

Cleaning the fertile woods loamy soil off the clip. It ain't perfect, but what kid can afford perfect? Sucks but hey, don't wreck your car and it isn't a problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e4dOqlU.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	274.7 KB
ID:	1242811

Click image for larger version

Name:	ncFQbNS.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	1242810
              Last edited by STINEY; May 13, 2019, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                The hard part will be those quarters of course. I'm chicken , I would have started in the back as to lower my wallets exposure if fixing them didn't work out . I have chained a S10 S10 4x4 yo a tree and used a high lift jack to push the passenger side frame in front of the wheel on the front in and up . But your on another level . Good luck !
                The other level may be best described as "its amazing what you can do when you don't know you can't."

Or sheer lunacy.

I prefer to think of wasted money as "tuition". Some people pay a lot more and learn a lot less. Its all relative I suppose.

Comment

• is it just the sheet metal in the back or did it get the frame too?
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Frame is tweaked. Seems to be isolated to the left side and aft of the spring perch. You know, that area whose sole job is to support the trunk, gas tank, and bumper.

There is some precedent here for straightening old Buicks here though. I only have pictures of the '66 Special I bought wrecked in the early 90's and banged back out. Its frame was tweaked in the same area. I put another fun 70,000 miles on that car.

Comment

• put it on a frame machine. The g-bodys are notorious for noodle-soft frames.... plus, it doesn't cost that much to have them pull it where it belongs - if you're really lucky, your boys can watch.... back in the day, my dad had a car straightened on the machine - I don't remember the car but I remember every glorious noise of that day.

Comment

• Roger that Houston. I have witnessed the gloryiousness that is a frame machine at work - who wouldn't enjoy (or learn) from that show of force?

Strip down continues, slowly. Bag it and tag it. Throw those pieces in a box, some part of it may be needed later. Yes, I know its broken - save it anyways, we'll throw it away when we are done.

Sheesh. Don't forget to breathe. In.....and Out.....again......In....and Out.....

Yes I know it sucks. Remember it was not me that crashed the car. I'll be over here working on my junk if you need me.

Comment

• hmmmm... did you just imply that the bee keeper wasn't at fault? that would certainly put a bee under your bonnet.

and yes, I've been waiting to use that pun....

Comment

• Groan....... where is the facepalm emoji when you need it?

Just dad being motivational. Job interview pending, car non-functional, etc.

And speaking of bonnet. What do the swedes call their hoods? (see a future new thread for clarification - I have a 14 year-old next month too)

Comment

• hmmmm... at least the brothers stuck together in their story? I never sold my brother out when he rear ended some lady while he was telling how great of a driver he was.... I pointed out something before, he turned to me and said I'm a great driver, I managed not to open my eyes in shock but did a covert brace.... nice move mario... into the lady, nothing but headlights.
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 15, 2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• It WOULD be nice to think they cooperated once without being told to........

Anyways, found a semi complete donor car for the quarter that could be the rough twin to the Sport Coupe. Except for the red interior. Some days I think the red wasn’t that bad, and other days I hate it.

I grew up in that red interior.....and it always bothered me the shade of purple the rear seat panel turned.

Opinions on the red interiors of the 80’s?
                                Last edited by STINEY; May 15, 2019, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X