No announcement yet.

'78 Buick Regal Sport Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a black '76 Volare coupe with a red velour interior (that was a pretty dark red) and I loved it. It looked rich and classy, at least back then. Liked that car a lot.

Dan

Comment

• They are awesome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic 2158.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	952.3 KB
ID:	1243165
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• Red has the implication that you are a man of taste and style.... and light in the loafers (not that there's anything wrong with that if that is what you wish to portray).
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Step-father had an 89 F250 that was black with a red interior. Same shade as BBR's Mustang.

Comment

• If you are going to go Red - then you need to go with corinthian leather and a blow-up doll of Ricardo Montalbon

Comment

• The 1979 Capri had red interior, looked great! Don't think I would want a new car with red interior but late 70's early 80's it fits.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

• I'll admit it , I love red gut with black outside.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                  If you are going to go Red - then you need to go with corinthian leather and a blow-up doll of Ricardo Montalbon
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_HMIN0nGl0
                  There are some who might be put off with leather made out of Corinthians....

Comment

• Went to Pennsylvania on Saturday.

Its actually pretty nice. Frame is a replacement from South Carolina, blasted and painted in '95. Stored in a lean-to since then. Clean title. The seller said him and his brother had a fair amount of fun with it and a small-block chevy until the rear suspension arm mount broke. He stated from rust, but maybe some spirited driving contributed too?

No drivetrain, body is loosely bolted to frame, bumpers and hood included, windshield cracked, trunk lock is pulled lightly, rear has a c-clip issue of some sort causing the left axle to walk out while loading, some rust in floors.

Its decent enough to make me want to find another quarter donor and toss a drive-train in this one to build an evil-twin ride.

Name:	gfXrGJH.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	1243549

Name:	lw5Kp3F.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	1243548

Name:	j42kILY.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	1243547

Name:	Yo6Cihv.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	1243546
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Its decent enough to make me want to find another quarter donor and toss a drive-train in this one to build an evil-twin ride.
                      ...as the dreaded project creep stalks yet another unsuspecting victim...

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post

...as the dreaded project creep stalks yet another unsuspecting victim...
                        all his other projects are done... that's why we don't hear about them, right?

Comment

• Whatever “done” is........ This one was near done to me, we had just finished painting the new rear bumper fillers on the 6th, they would have been installed that weekend. Headliner was last on the punch list.

Should have just parted it out and bought the latest game system I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                            Whatever “done” is........ This one was near done to me, we had just finished painting the new rear bumper fillers on the 6th, they would have been installed that weekend. Headliner was last on the punch list.

Should have just parted it out and bought the latest game system I suppose.
                            NO!!!!!!!

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

NO!!!!!!!

Dan

no really, Dan, tell us how you feel about this

and Stiney, repeat after me "I need a Corvette" - does that car look like a Corvette? could the dollars you make from selling parts off it make enough to finish a Jeep AND buy a Corvette?

there.... that frame-bent, badge-engineered, rain-intrusion-installed-device car does not need salvation, it needs to be parts so your kid get back on the road
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 21, 2019, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                                rain-intrusion-installed-device car does not need salvation, it needs to be parts so your kid get back on the road
                                You noticed that hole in the roof, eh? Yeah, not wild about it. We had a load of rain Monday, and it actually didn't leak. Closer inspection shows that the latch has been defeated with steel clips holding it tightly in place ALA speed clips on windshields. Neat cure.

And I was unclear on the frame - the new arrival has a good frame (VERY nice actually) under it. The one that rusted and ripped out the suspension mounts was the original which is long gone back in '95. However this current frame is only loosely bolted on for transport purposes. And the captured body nuts that like to spin instead of come out? Already nicely cut open for access.

Back on the road. I am trying to be objective about the options. This new arrival needs:

Drivetrain. I have a pair of A-body 12-bolts and SouthSide adapter arms for G-body use. So the broke c-clip thing is non-issue. Also have a nice running square-body 3+3 2wd truck that would be a great donor. 350 sbc and I believe a 350TH. Would have to verify the trans. But they work and wife would like to see the truck go away, so win/win.

Frame bolted down. Would need to purchase a mount set. Probably not a bad idea anyways, factory g-body mounts are getting a little old by now.

Exhaust.

Paint hood. If not mistaken we are in for some painting anyways.

This gets it back roughly to Transportation status. We can bang out the low-mile original car whenever.

I know its simplistic, but frame mounts and toss a drivetrain in with some exhaust work and its a drive-able car again with minimal cash outlay. I feel the stock 350sbc is still weak enough to not be illogical.

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X