'78 Buick Regal Sport Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    and Stiney, repeat after me "I need a Corvette" - does that car look like a Corvette? could the dollars you make from selling parts off it make enough to finish a Jeep AND buy a Corvette?
    I got over the Corvette itch. All it took was the '56 Chevy - see I just thought the 327/M21 needed a corvette............what it really wanted was a TriFive chevy. So Corvette of the Day is done at CheStiney.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Why not just pull the turbo 3.8 drive train out of the bent one and put it in this one?
      Then part out the bent one?
      ​​​​​​​do I think too simply?
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Yes, that's way too simple Milner.

Don't you go getting all logical and sensible on me here.......we don't roll that way. Would make WAY too much sense.
        Last edited by STINEY; January 14, 2021, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Seems to me Stiney & family have two good A/G bodies now, neither of which Mr. Stiney wants to scrap, as opposed to having one good A/G he didn't want to scrap a week ago. The second one purchased for parts grew on him that fast.

Maybe that does not indeed make sense. But...

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Should have just parted it out and bought the latest game system I suppose.
          I agree w/ Dan...NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Build 'em both then! Never choose video over real-ness!

But what if a third one is purchased for parts for the first two and goes making all googly-eyes at everybody and is instead adopted into the family as well? There'll be a fleet soon...

=========================

'Way back when, a bud's dad bought a brand-new '78 Cutlass and I really believed it was a very cool car...a few blasts up the canyon with it's suspension option, and a very-comfy road trip once convinced me of that. I still think of that car when I look at my '78 El Camino I'm working on a bit. The A/G's were really the pinnacle of GM sedan development, the few issues easily fixed.

Comment

• What would be nice is if someone out in the rustless west would send a big chunk of quarter panel to Ohio.

Most anything I find here that is useable will also be too nice to cut up. It’s a quandary.

Want to make a few bucks Loren?

Comment

• Doesn't Sherman have those 1/4s? I'll take a look......

EDIT: Evidently not. Our PnP doesn't show one in inventory but I'll call around here and see what I can turn up.

Dan
              Last edited by DanStokes; May 22, 2019, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Stiney - I found a guy in Whiteville, NC (about 1 hr from me) with a yard full of all kinds of old stuff including several '78 Regals. He says I can come out and cut off what we need - he'll provide a generator so I can bring my Sawsall. If you're interested I'll run out there in a day or two and make sure he has a good one. He'll assign a price once I show him exactly what you need (I'm thinking of cutting thru the B pillar, across from the base of the side window to the bottom of the rear glass, thru the wheel well and trunk floor, and down the lower back panel - sound about right?). Of course, if you want to just meet me here and we'll run out there (after I've made sure he has it) we can do that. This means I have FINALLY found the old car junk yard in the area!

EDIT - went back and looked at the pics - looks like you'll also need the deck lid, a tail light assembly, and the lower back panel - hope all of that it out there.

Anyhow - interested?

Dan
                Last edited by DanStokes; May 22, 2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• If you want to watch CL - San Diego/nearby areas, up to L.A. or so and ...possibly... east to Phoenix as we go there periodically, I could probably help out (such as pickup, pallet, ship). Shipping's probably about $400 though, estimates can be gotten online.

Looking today all I find is later stuff:

Click image for larger version

Name:	buick regal quarters.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1243717

This guy has a lot of stuff also but doesn't mention quarters, you'd have to ask him: https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...860274229.html

Comment

• Dang Chris, how the hell do you find all these clean cars? G-bodies even.. Hmm, if ya happen to see a clean 97-99 XJ.. yea I could use one preferably with a bad motor (I have a donor) oh and a clean 1st gen S10 shortbed would be nice too!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
                      Dang Chris, how the hell do you find all these clean cars? G-bodies even.. Hmm, if ya happen to see a clean 97-99 XJ.. yea I could use one preferably with a bad motor (I have a donor) oh and a clean 1st gen S10 shortbed would be nice too!!
                      you're not looking far enough west, we crush those all the time
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                        Stiney - I found a guy in Whiteville, NC (about 1 hr from me) with a yard full of all kinds of old stuff including several '78 Regals. He says I can come out and cut off what we need - he'll provide a generator so I can bring my Sawsall. If you're interested I'll run out there in a day or two and make sure he has a good one. He'll assign a price once I show him exactly what you need (I'm thinking of cutting thru the B pillar, across from the base of the side window to the bottom of the rear glass, thru the wheel well and trunk floor, and down the lower back panel - sound about right?). Of course, if you want to just meet me here and we'll run out there (after I've made sure he has it) we can do that. This means I have FINALLY found the old car junk yard in the area!

EDIT - went back and looked at the pics - looks like you'll also need the deck lid, a tail light assembly, and the lower back panel - hope all of that it out there.

Anyhow - interested?

Dan
                        Interested? Oh heck yeah! Thanks and congrats on the yard find.

Sounds like you have things down on where it would need cut. If anything the trunk cut could swing to the right to include half of the panel behind the taillights. And a bumper would be nice too, this one got punched and has a tear/cut in it now, plus a strong twist.

Oh, and I found a good aluminum trunk lid already, so there is that.
                        Last edited by STINEY; May 22, 2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

you're not looking far enough west, we crush those all the time
                          The nice drivers I run thru the crusher will make Y'all cry!
                          Can't save them all..

Comment

• PM sent

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                              PM sent

Dan
                              you don't have to wait until afternoon to send a message.... just sayin'
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I thought I replied with a message? I never have quite got the hang of the "new" PM part of this software.......

Comment

Working...
                                X