X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STINEY
    started a topic '78 Buick Regal Sport Coupe

'78 Buick Regal Sport Coupe

Did I share this here yet? I can't find it with the search function, thought I posted it up though.

Oldest sons' first car, he bought it last winter. 1978 Buick Regal Sport Coupe with draw-thru turbo 3.8 V6

Click image for larger version  Name:	gZGkZcP.jpg Views:	1 Size:	596.5 KB ID:	1214489
    Last edited by STINEY; September 5th, 2018, 03:09 PM.

• STINEY
    replied
    And the exhaust/power steering bracket spacer is done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A9Oxwnq.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	1251048

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied

Name:	9aydwC1.jpg
Size:	268.8 KB
ID:	1251024

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Your bracketry appears to be a little different, but I've run mine with a spacer since the late 80s.

Name:	IMG_4783[1].JPG
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	1250936
    I remember that spacer...

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Is that in your Nova?
    It is.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    NovaMan, that is the closest to mine I have seen without being exactly the same. I found a lawnmower engine wristpin in the junk at work today that will make the perfect spacer after I shorten it 3/8".

Thanks for sharing your experience with a spacer. Is that in your Nova?

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Your bracketry appears to be a little different, but I've run mine with a spacer since the late 80s.

Name:	IMG_4783[1].JPG
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	1250936

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I don't know what it should look like. There are a few on Amazon most look like aftermarket brackets. This one says something about headers.

Flowtech 10041FLT Chrome Power Steering Pump Bracket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CMCZS6..._2r8BDbDPZ3NDS

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    I have the header mount for my alternator.. I believe Speedway motors is where it came from.
    2 pieces of plate, saddles the tube with slots on the upper part.
    Then the other plate is formed to fit the alt base and slides in the slots for alignment
    Exactly the thing Bob. I looked at the usual culprits (Jegs, Summit, Speedway) but didnít find it.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    I have the header mount for my alternator.. I believe Speedway motors is where it came from.
    2 pieces of plate, saddles the tube with slots on the upper part.
    Then the other plate is formed to fit the alt base and slides in the slots for alignment

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Indeed.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    you need to cut down on that Chevy stench somehow

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Start on exhaust.

Yep, putting cats on it. Cannot stomach the stench some engines put off without them.

These are sold as stainless universal, but the part number referenced an OEM fitment for a 3.0L engine. That and the 2.5" inlet and outlet with factory heat shield sold them for me. I am sure they aren't going to work as perfectly as they should, but I tried.

Name:	iwI1nO7.jpg
Size:	286.6 KB
ID:	1250855

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Drivers side only needed a notch grindered into it where the the temperature sender goes in the head.

Name:	f77MpvT.jpg
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	1250850

And need to find a cure for the power steering mount brace. The one that picks up from the front exhaust manifold bolt. Might just make a spacer and reuse the original bolt in the front hole (which was unused originally) and drill a new hole in the bracket.

Name:	a4r7S78.jpg
Size:	235.1 KB
ID:	1250851

Otherwise the fit is good. Of course there is no steering shaft to interfere yet. For that matter, header install is MUCH easier with that pesky body out of the way.

Name:	JcOzTiy.jpg
Size:	312.7 KB
ID:	1250852

Last edited by STINEY; September 3rd, 2019, 09:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    they certainly fit like flowtechs....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X