No announcement yet.

Building a T-Bucket, Supercharged BMW V8 with NOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw this on FB... : https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...46101558828726
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Yup, still moving along. Slowly.

New roll bar; or rather should I say new nitrous bottle mounting place.

Focusing now on hydraulics & lines. Lowered the mounting of the brake & clutch masters in the name of room and pedal travel.

The rollbar also allowed me to attach this previously unused steering arm/tie rod assembly going to the steering box mount to help absorb some of the flex from the steering & suspension. I suppose it also acts as a kind of side impact bar too.

Not tacked in yet, but if I have the room once the pedals are in place I'll also do a vertical bar to connect the steering mount to the frame on the drivers side.

My new goal is to have the vehicle ready to go down to Tucson Az for David Freiburgers Duct-Tape Drags on Oct 1st & 2nd 2021. Seeing that Motor Trend killed the Zip-Tie drags that happens in January, this is the unofficial replacement event not associated with Motor Trend.

Comment

Hey Mykk, did you ever get the Speeduino tuned on this? I'm having a serious look at that ECM... for those that haven't seen it:

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Last edited by Mykk; September 6, 2021, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            Hey Mykk, did you ever get the Speeduino tuned on this? I'm having a serious look at that ECM... for those that haven't seen it:
            Not tuned, but enough to fire up. I've been happy with them

Comment

A few updates on the project: Kingman Az Route 66 Street Drags, Oct '21

Last edited by Mykk; March 9, 2022, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Passed the MVD inspection, assigned a VIN and now street legal:

Comment

After a month of driving, datalogging and tuning I noticed the supercharger never really got into boost. So I made a tensioner to go on the slack side of the serp belt. It did drastically help, but I'm still only logging a max of 6psi over atmosphere. But even with KPA values under atmosphere the engine is way more responsive with the less belt slip.

Comment

Broke a thing. Of all things to go it was a detent pin on the shifter, forcibly jamming the trans stuck in 2nd gear when it failed. Thankfully the detent is accessible from outside of the case, removed the broke bits and the shifter free'd right up.

Comment

• Bummer! Hope it didn't cause further damage.

Dan

Comment

• Glad you Posted Up,
                        Was starting to think you Sold It Off to start another Project.

Also glad you were able to get a Title for it.
                        Here in Wisconsin it some times can be a real Challenge !!
                        I ended up with a Assigned VIN for a Vehicle I Bought "WITH A CLEAR TITLE" !!!! Anual Retentive DMV office clerk as I bought it from a Estate, and the Title VIN was Not enough digits, as I am trying to explain in 1950 they used the Engine Block Number and didn't have the 17 digit VIN's in 1950 !! And then had to have a Trooper inspect the 1950 CJ-3A Just Too Make Sure it was a Jeep .......
                        Gotta Love Government Job Placement of People that Have NO CLUE of the Job Description.....

Comment

• Cool build Mykk. Just about everyone I know was at the Kingman street drags.

Comment

• Very Cool !!! I like builds that go outside the norm ...

Kudos
                            Last edited by Velocity Blue S550; February 23, 2022, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• I DO love this car!

Dan

Comment

• Went out of town for the weekend, brought the bucket with me. Had an absolute perfect couple of days cruising to a few of my fav spots around Tempe Scottsdale Az.

Comment

Working...
                                X