Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hinge it at the rear with pit pins to make for ease of access
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Looks cool! How about making a enter / exit video? Does your head hit the roof? Can you see under the roof?
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

New Shop Day: After losing one shop space, putting everything in storage for a brutal winter and now finding another shop space.

Comment

cool that you got a place to build
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Mykk View Post
            One of the early parts picked up was this hard top for a T. Finally had a chance to mock it on the project. I dig it, it's a cool look. Drives the 'Rat Rod' look home.

Looks way too nice for a rat rod . It looks like a nice unfinished hot rod . Don't even think about painting fake rust on it . CARRY ON !
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I don't feel a Rat needs to be rust and thrown together. I feel it can be clean and painted and detailed, it's all about how it makes one feel when they see it. Mix & matching parts & years. Making things work together that were never designed to. Stepping out of a mold and a cookie cutter hot rod norm. That to me makes a Rat.

Comment

So I've had this carb scoop in my stuff for a few years, I've been on the fence about adapting it to the throttlebody on this project. It wouldn't be tough to adapt but I just haven't been in love with it for this build. The attitude is there, the functionality is there, it just seemed so missplaced sitting atop the intercoolers of this engine.

So yesterday a friend stopped by the shop and I ran the idea past him and he said, how about if you gave it a mohawk of spikes to tie it in to the valve covers.

Not bad, it's growing on me.

Comment

Ya know, you may wish to ban her from the car because she'll totally distract anyone from noticing your car

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    Ya know, you may wish to ban her from the car because she'll totally distract anyone from noticing your car
                    Thank you :-)

My first time ever welding. I just tacked up some 2"x 2" .025" wall square tube as the differential mount, tacked in until a real welder with some real firepower can finish it up for me.

Transmission crossmember (Also 2"x2" square tube), Shock mounts, motor mount brackets, wishbone mount tabs and a few other bits getting tacked in place soon in anticipation of having a welder only making one trip and getting everything done in one sitting. The small, noncritical stuff I'm sure I can handle.

Comment

Great thread so far .. and thank heavens for a new shop.

Comment

Glad you found a place to work. Once I became adult-solvent I made the decision that the FIRST thing I'd do toward car building was to provide myself with a decent shop that was under my control (not rented, borrowed, etc.). That choice has postponed some projects (still haven't built a street rod) but I sure have been happy with my little slices of heaven including the shop here in NC.

The car is coming along really nicely. On the welding - I have the Eastwood 175 amp and I'm very pleased with it. It has the power to burn in all but the heaviest stuff and doesn't cost a fortune - worth looking into.

Dan

Comment

So I've had this carb scoop in my stuff for a few years, I've been on the fence about adapting it to the throttlebody on this project. It wouldn't be tough to adapt but I just haven't been in love with it for this build. The attitude is there, the functionality is there, it just seemed so missplaced sitting atop the intercoolers of this engine.

So yesterday a friend stopped by the shop and I ran the idea past him and he said, how about if you gave it a mohawk of spikes to tie it in to the valve covers.

Scoop looks great from the front . How about a side shot ?
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I think they all look too busy and out of character for the candy red on the intercoolers. If they were all stainless buttonheads I think it would be a lot more fitting. Overall the scoop looks good on the engine without the spikes, though I'm advocating no spikes at all. Your car, do what you want.
                            Central TEXAS Sleeper
                            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

All welded up:

First time on the ground, first time outside:

Comment

Who did the welding? As I recall you were hesitant to burn it in yourself.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X