No announcement yet.

RAPID FIRE redo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't posted for way to long and probably won't much anymore. The car fell off the lift and is bent up very bad. So much hard work went into this and in a flash it's gone.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03300.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	1264066Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_DSC03301.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	1264067Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03302.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	1264068Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03304.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	1264069

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rapid Fire2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	1264072 Most likely won't be fixed. I'm going to racing central Sunday to see the damage first hand. Here is a picture of the cars only time on the salt. It didn't make any passes last year because of the track conditions. RIP RapidFire.Click image for larger version  Name:	RapidFire.jpg Views:	0 Size:	188.0 KB ID:	1264071
      Last edited by ratpatrol66; March 3, 2020, 05:41 PM.

Comment

I'm so sorry for the crash.... that sux - sux even more if you're not here.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

bummer, I opened up BS to see this, got real excited on page 1. I've been dreaming of building something similar to this for years, but with a bit more 60's F1 car feel. I hope you bring a new project back to us, but I understand if you don't.
          Last edited by ejs262; March 3, 2020, 09:32 PM.
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
          1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
          2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

ejs262, What part of Warshington you from?

Comment

I can not express the feeling of "What the F~¿€ JUST HAPPENED" !! And It's still playing over and over in your mind.........
              This Really Sucks Dirt !!!
              I hope you can regroup, rebuild, and revive your Dream.
              We all are HERE For You Brother

Comment

This just sucks. But please stay in touch - we like you for more than your car and your input is valued. I retired from Impound so I won't be seeing you there but I hope I'll be seeing you Here.

Dan

Comment

My tummy feels funny... Always loved this monster! You can still hang out.. Still love your Rat Patrol posts..

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
                    ejs262, What part of Warshington you from?
                    I'm from NW Florida, but I currently reside in Bremerton.
                    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
                    1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
                    2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

The car belongs to Roger and Marlene Manson. I'm just help wrench and act as the roving reporter. First trip to the salt was in 2010. It has been a fun haul but very sure it's over for the RapidFire. Like I said I will know more on Sunday when I go to there place. I'm taking a blank check and hope to run the heart and soul of the RapidFire in my 62 Pontiac LeMans? Stay tuned!

Comment

you going to the 4x4 swap this Sunday?

Comment

No 4X4 swap for me, headed to Canada to see the full scope of the damage to the car.

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
                            No 4X4 swap for me, headed to Canada to see the full scope of the damage to the car.
                            I'm not sure I'm going either - most of my friends risk their lives going to the car swap (and not just from their wive's response to the purchases).....

*and a note. I'm healthy but my wife has lung issues - so if I got sick, it would, quite likely, kill her. So if you folks want to joke - and I respond in kind - sorry, not sorry, it took me a long time to find my wife and I don't really want to look again.
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 5, 2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I'm not sure I'm going either - most of my friends risk their lives going to the car swap (and not just from their wive's response to the purchases).....

*and a note. I'm healthy but my wife has lung issues - so if I got sick, it would, quite likely, kill her. So if you folks want to joke - and I respond in kind - sorry, not sorry, it took me a long time to find my wife and I don't really want to look again.
                              I know what you mean - I aim to keep mine (alive and healthy) too.

Dan

Comment

Sorry about rapid fire . Wow , never heard of a LSR car getting taken out like that . Hopefully you end up with the engine for your poncho .
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X