The C10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The C10

well it has been quite a while since I’ve posted here, so I’ll give a quick update as to what I’ve been up to this last year or so.
    first off, my 2005 mustang is gone. Traded her in for a 2017 GT and what a great car that is, but I won’t bore y’all with that lol
    Next up, the wagon is also gone. After losing the brakes last summer, the wagon sat neglected for 6 months while I made up my mind what I was going to do with the old beast. I started fixing the brakes which landed me in the hospital with 6 stitches after a slipped wrench led to a nasty run in with a castle nut. Shortly after that incident a deal more or less fell in my lap. Came across a guy looking to trade a 1972 c10 swb for a 60s wagon.
    Nearly sight unseen we struck a deal and he took the War Wagon and I was now the new owner of a pretty good C10.
    Shes a 1972 C10 short bed step side. Originally dark olive metallic, but someone repainted her bandanna yellow. The paint is decent but she’s got some issues lying beneath the paint. Nothing life threatening but it will need addressing one day.
    She’s powered by a Chevy performance crate motor topped by a Holley double pumper. I don’t know anything about the internals other than she has aluminum vortec heads and what sounds like a decent cam. The engine is backed up by a rebuilt turbo350 with a B&m shift kit. That is followed by a 12 bolt rear. The truck has a full CCP suspension under it, manual disc brakes and a vintage air a/c system that doesn’t really work.
    Since i got my hands on it it I found some rot in the floors that I’m fixing and I have new cab mounts and reinforcements to install. I had the open 3:73 rear replaced with an auburn posi with 3:42 gears to make her more highway friendly. Currently on the hunt for a 4l60e as I’m a sucker for overdrive.
    Right now the plan plan is to drive her, eventually I’ll take her apart and have some body work done and repaint her the original color.

Ill try to post pics later
    Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

cool stuff can't wait for pics
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Welcome back! Can't wait to see what happens....
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Having some trouble uploading pics from my phone
        Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Working...
        X