No announcement yet.

Coyote/Falcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long handle foward like the put in the AC cobras?
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

You'll figure something out, those linkages are a trip, I like Russells idea of a forward reaching shift handle, like something for a bench seat, turned around.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

57 shifter is a reverse "L" for bench seats
        Old Diamond T Browning was back by the cab rear wall and was a 2-3 ft long shifter.. Brought it up between the seats.
        Have seen old Econolines with 4 speeds in them (top loaders, possibly) the shifters were long affairs with forever throws.
        You'll figger er out!

Comment

Or make a remote shifter that's fasten to the trans tunnel with a rod going from the shifter lever to the trans
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Well free dosn't always mean cheap. I started to do a leak down test on the coyote and after 3 bad holes I decided to tear the engine down. Pistons,bearings and bores look good so I am just going to re ring the short block. It looks like the intake valves are done but the exhausts will clean up and the seats look OK so I have ordered an new set of intake valves, rings and gaskets. Probably won't get much done as we are taking the 49 Ford to Bakersfield for the March Meet.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              No pics for me, either. Did you shoot 'em in Canadian? Mighty be a translation thing......

Dan
              Eh ! that's not funny Dan ! ....... Ohhhh I'm sorry Sir !

Comment

Originally posted by bukshysteve View Post
                Well free dosn't always mean cheap.
                You got that right !

Comment

Well I rolled the Falcon off the shelf and got to work on the deconstruction. I have unbolted every thing I could so the next step will be getting in the engine compartment with a Zip cut disc and maybe the old Oxy gas axe! Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0916.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	416.9 KB
ID:	1239997Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0922.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	345.1 KB
ID:	1239998Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0923.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	1239999

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0930.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	414.2 KB
ID:	1241923Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0934.JPG
Views:	257
Size:	459.9 KB
ID:	1241924 So the first picture is with all the old suspension removed along with the shock towers and the second is with all the frame rail reinforcing and the TCI front cross member welded in

Comment

I used a TCI kit in my Cougar , great product

Comment

Originally posted by bukshysteve View Post
                        So the first picture is with all the old suspension removed along with the shock towers and the second is with all the frame rail reinforcing and the TCI front cross member welded in
                        That kit fits nicely! If I ever do an old Ford that's the way I'll go. Sorta hoping to stumble across a Fairlane and an FE.......

Dan

Comment

Name:	PIC_0941.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	559.5 KB
ID:	1243417Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0940.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	512.2 KB
ID:	1243418First test fit. I will have lots of problem solving to do as The engine interferes with brake master cylinder, heater and the air intake that comes in the Ford kit. On the good side there is lots of room for the radiator.

Comment

Name:	PIC_0944.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	480.0 KB
ID:	1243900Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0943.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	397.2 KB
ID:	1243901 I wanted to get the front suspension and steering in so I can scope out the headers. Now you can see the problems I am going to have sticking that 5 speed where the 3 speed used to fit. I don't think I will have much of the original tunnel left!!

Comment

What a size difference!

Comment

Name:	PIC_0952.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	438.1 KB
ID:	1246459Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0951.JPG
Views:	456
Size:	457.5 KB
ID:	1246460 Progress has been a little slow as I have been helping my family drag race 3 cars but I did a little machining. Made an aluminum cone to replace the pot metal 3 on the tree and a bearing holder for the bottem of the column as the Falcon steering box used to do that job. Also machined flats on the bottem of the steering shaft so that I could use the double D ujoints. You might notice most of the tranny tunnel is gone as I plan on setting the motor and tranny in as a unit

Comment

Working...
                                X