Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0952.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	438.1 KB
ID:	1246459Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0951.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	457.5 KB
ID:	1246460 Progress has been a little slow as I have been helping my family drag race 3 cars but I did a little machining. Made an aluminum cone to replace the pot metal 3 on the tree and a bearing holder for the bottem of the column as the Falcon steering box used to do that job. Also machined flats on the bottem of the steering shaft so that I could use the double D ujoints. You might notice most of the tranny tunnel is gone as I plan on setting the motor and tranny in as a unit
    Looks good, Steve! Coming to Bonneville? If so I'll see you in Impound.

Dan

Comment

Name:	PIC_0004.JPG
Views:	373
Size:	363.6 KB
ID:	1254277Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0005.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	413.1 KB
ID:	1254278 Well it has been awhile but I am back at work on the Falcon. I finished the motor mounts out of aluminum plate and started on the headers. If take a close look at the starter you can see that the selenoid is almost horizontal and really cuts into the space I would liked to have for the headers. Pretty sure I will have to wrap the pipes in that area. Too bad one of those clockable aftermarket starters is not available for the Coyote yet.

Comment

Name:	PIC_0015.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	476.5 KB
ID:	1255908Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0016.JPG
Views:	370
Size:	439.5 KB
ID:	1255909 Well I amazed myself as I have the right side header done and it clears the starter and can be installed from the bottem with the starter removed. It is a little tricky but the starter can be installed after the header is in place. I was worried I might have to pull the engine and install the header and starter and drop the whole unit in as one but with access to a hoist I can change the starter without touching the header. Now on to the drivers side and hope it goes as well!!

Comment

the header looks great! long tubes make those ford OHC engines sound WAY better!
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
          1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
          2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

Gravy! er.... Groovy!

Dan

Comment

Name:	PIC_0017.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	446.9 KB
ID:	1256550Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0020.JPG
Views:	331
Size:	474.5 KB
ID:	1256551Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0019.JPG
Views:	328
Size:	417.4 KB
ID:	1256552 Well that was job but the headers are done and I can get them in from the bottem. I will need to weld O2 bungs on but I will wait until I put the Ford engine harness in. That is what is left over from 12 U bends.

Comment

Nice job!

Dan

Comment

That's Hot! I bet they're going to sound amazing!
                  "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
                  1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
                  2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

Great progress and looking good!
                    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Watching this project. When I was in grade school, we had a 1960 Falcon 2 dr wagon.
                      Dad finally sold it after I graduated from High School.
                      looks Kool!

Comment

Got back on this project recently. A friend donated a set of 2008 Mustang GT rims and tires. I pulled the stock rear end and cut the bump stops out and I can get them in the wheel well but limited clearance. I am going to try a smaller tire on these rims they came with 235/55-17 so maybe 225/45-17. The front rims hit the sway bar because or the 6 inch back spacing so I cut the rims on my lathe and narrowed them up 1.4 inches. Going to the Tire shop tomorrow to see what will fit

Comment

Name:	PIC_0051.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	459.7 KB
ID:	1277926Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0046.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	549.0 KB
ID:	1277924Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0048.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	406.5 KB
ID:	1277925Here are a couple of pictures of the narrowing of the front wheels. After I parted off the back of the wheel I cut a 1 inch strip out and machined a step for the rear part to register on and then tack welded the rim in the lathe. I full welded the inside and then set the wheel back in the lathe and machined the step out so that I could get a full penetration weld from the inside of the wheel

Comment

Originally posted by bukshysteve View Post
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	PIC_0904.JPG Views:	141 Size:	338.8 KB ID:	1218905 Hope this picture up loads as I traded the T5 in the foreground for the T3650 out of a 2010 Mustang. I am going to have to come up with some weird shift linkage or have a guy in the back seat shift for me!!
                            man, how did I miss this one. I have a '65 wagon, 289 three on the tree, I've always loved the lines.

Click image for larger version  Name:	OIP.6DFWTSGiYAb0yzaCqVlEIAHaLH?w=121&h=183&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	10.1 KB ID:	1277932

back in the day they used to have Hotrod or CarCraft articles about how to cut bench seats for shifters, way before I was allowed to save magazines. Shelby just sticks his in backwards and I bet you get used to it.

on the wheels, I'd love to see how they get welded back. I put 1.5" spacers on for the 16" 2005 Mustang wheels I tried, they were about right. That's on a factory front end though.

Last edited by Beagle; August 13, 2020, 03:43 PM.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Name:	PIC_0060.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	410.9 KB
ID:	1278004 Here is a photo of the finished wheels before they go for powder coating. All welding was TIG

Comment

Looks great Steve! Hope all is well Up North.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X